[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4497: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Anime Crave •View topic - (Resolved) Media works, but most files stop before finishing

Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

(Resolved) Media works, but most files stop before finishing

Have questions, problems, or comments on Anime Crave? Post here and talk with anime crave staff members.

Moderator: Greg

(Resolved) Media works, but most files stop before finishing

Postby mattimeo615 » June 8th, 2006, 6:32 pm

I have the media working, but most files stop before the episode or movie is over. I have also tried accessing them from another computer. For example. I watched the carcaptors movie two days ago, and watched it fullscreen so I could see whether or not it was downloading. It was going fine, but then stopped at 40%. The movie then kept playing until it hit the exact same spot where the lighter download bar had stopped. Then I watched it downstairs on the laptop and it still stopped in the exact same place. The same thing happened with the second episode of hunter robin at about 93%, and with one of the kenshin episodes at about 50%.

I already deleted my temp files and set the max to 2,000 MB like the help section said. I would think that the files themselves were just corrupt except that no one else seems to be having the same problem.

both compuers are running xp and I use IE6.

Does anyone else have this probem?
Any Ideas?
mattimeo615

Postby Susu06 » June 8th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Hm... i had that probelm before but it always work when i delete my temp internet files.

Try updating to the new version of IE, although i don't if it would help.
Also what version of Window media player do u have?
Susu06
Legendary Master

Postby Curt » June 8th, 2006, 6:46 pm

honestly, i think this problem will just go away on its own... its like it happens evry so often, then adventually vanishes without any trace. Give it a day, and c if it doesnt fix itself, if not... Respond back, and i will tell you what needs to be done in order to fix this problem.
Curt
Knight

Postby Susu06 » June 8th, 2006, 6:54 pm

so how about u tell him how to solve the probelm now, instead of waiting another day
Susu06
Legendary Master

Postby Curt » June 8th, 2006, 7:01 pm

because its an "Alternate" solution, and im not going 2 give a "secondary" solution, when the first one is easier, and possibly more accurate in fixing the problem. I'm not sure how that comment was intended, sounded pretty rude to me "susu" lol, Btwm when i said fix the problem, i ment try to fix the problem, its not 1 simple click, and hes good to go... so evn if i tried 2 help him now, ide rather do it in "Chat" not step by step help in the "forums"
Curt
Knight

Postby Susu06 » June 8th, 2006, 7:18 pm

lol i was just messing around to see how u were going to respond
Susu06
Legendary Master

Postby mattimeo615 » June 8th, 2006, 7:37 pm

I found.... Kind of a solution

If i empty out the temp files every time I want to watch an episode then it loads all the way. (at least... this has worked twice. i havent tried it on the ones I already got stuck watching).

On the flip side I still can't watch full movies. I think something about my computer won't let any individual file size be too big. I don't know why.

Oh well. Episodes are nice. I am also going to try setting my limit to 10,000 MB instead of 2,000. I don't see how that could change anything, but its worth a shot.
mattimeo615

Postby Aenicy » June 8th, 2006, 8:42 pm

mattimeo615 wrote:I found.... Kind of a solution

If i empty out the temp files every time I want to watch an episode then it loads all the way. (at least... this has worked twice. i havent tried it on the ones I already got stuck watching).

On the flip side I still can't watch full movies. I think something about my computer won't let any individual file size be too big. I don't know why.

Oh well. Episodes are nice. I am also going to try setting my limit to 10,000 MB instead of 2,000. I don't see how that could change anything, but its worth a shot.

When you set you limit to a high setting.. it allows you to be able ot hold my temp files... which means .... you can watch bigger files
In this body,Where I’ve found, Blood and bones,Will keep me bound. Freedom comes, With heavy toll, Darkness takes, What light stole. Here I sleep, In shadow realm, Under eyes, And under helm, Once to roam, And now to mourn, The Light I shed The shadows scorn.
Aenicy
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Bassam » June 8th, 2006, 10:17 pm

Yep, Aenicy is right and if you go to the help section under multimedia it will have instructions you can follow.
Bassam
King

Postby mattimeo615 » June 9th, 2006, 8:46 pm

no no, really I did know that. i just thought 2,000 MB of space would be enough... apparently not. Oh well. Its not a tough fix. Thanks everyone for your help.
mattimeo615

Return to Help