Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Dears

Curious as to what Animes are being released soon? dubbed soon? or even about new Anime titles gaining popularity fast? Learn all the Anime News possible here as far as release dates and Animes currently being worked on and dubbed.

Moderator: Greg

Dears

Postby Curt » August 15th, 2006, 12:41 am

Can we see an anime with a lead male character who can act with any sort of brain? Can we? It seems to not be possible. I absolutely loved chobits except for the total moron of a protagonist who is more concerned about hiding his own sexuality than with noticing the feelings of anyone around him, and I was hoping DearS would be of remedy to that - wrong!

Although you can see that Takeya is good in his heart - he doesn't want to take advantage of Ren, wants her to be able to choose for herself, etc... His coldness is just totally over the top, and his character shows no development at all throught the entire series except a brief moment in the final episode

Overall, it was a great idea horribly done. It would be awesome to see a continuation of the series where it left off that actually DOES focus on the character development - with a little bit of GROWTH in the characters. A little resolution to ONE of the many cliffhangers!!

If you're a sucker for nice art and animation, and can completely disregard any plot, you STILL might not want to add another point. If you're a practioner of the Gorean philosophy, you may want to add three points and call this show the greatest show on earth. And if that's the case, I don't want to hear about it

Frustrating.

Verdict 5.0/10
Last edited by Curt on July 23rd, 2007, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby kurpi » August 15th, 2006, 2:01 am

Melon bread! Melon bread! Melon bread! Melon bread! Melon bread!
kurpi
Princess

Postby Aedrius » August 21st, 2006, 7:29 pm

I just very recently watched DearS as well, and I agree completely. It was an excellent idea taken down the wrong path...I really enjoyed it other than the poor character development. If they would continue it, as it kinda ensues at the end...Then that would be fine, but I dislike that they simply left it where they had. It seems that there could be so much more to the story.

For starters: Several of the secondary characters could have more of a story, like Miu and Khi. And the "Gift", never was actually explained at any time, they simply said that they had it a few times. It frustrates me to see such a good series come to a grinding halt, it seemed like the story was wrapped up (crammed) into the last two episodes.

Oh well, I'll keep my hopes up for a second series, though not too high.
Aedrius
Level 1 Apprentice

Melon Bread Yummy Yummy

Postby Animegirl420 » August 31st, 2006, 1:07 pm

I loved it. I thought Ren was just to cute ;)
Animegirl420
Fresh Meat

Liked it

Postby icravemanga » October 20th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Even though I have only read the first two books of
it, I have watched 3 of the 4 DVD`s the 1,2 and fourth
my friend still has to let me borrow the third
icravemanga
Forums Initiate

Return to Anime News