Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Tell us how you discovered anime crave..

Post here to talk and meet other members of Anime Crave, posts links to pictures and other materials.

Moderator: Greg

Tell us how you discovered anime crave..

Postby Colony08 » February 5th, 2018, 12:53 am

Eh, well it was ten years ago I was just browsing the web on my very first laptop compaq presario V2000 laptop that I had at the time, and I noticed an ad I think it was and I clicked on it and it took me to the website which looks a little different then it does now, anyway I read up on the site and signed up and then upgraded to live that very night, and I have been a member since the 1st of January 2008 around 12:04 a.m. 8 )
http://www.animecrave.com/_content/misc/signatures/anime/rurouni_kenshin/shishio_1.png
Colony08
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Tell us how you discovered anime crave..

Postby anthonyscott » May 31st, 2018, 9:31 pm

So, it was back in 2003 or 2004. had just moved where I was living and did not have any of my anime, but have some fast internet(for its time). So, I was looking for a site that I could go and watch anime. was not all that much around and happened to find this site which at the time had very little on it. had lots of fun people to chat with and who had some great thoughts on other anime. it is funny part of the reason I chose this site was because you had AH! My Goddess on it which I had watched part of before moving and wanted to finish. seen the site go through a lot of changes and there a lot of people no longer here.
I can not remember when you started with the paid subscription anymore, but it was first just donation iirc. So, although I do not post really much I have watched many different anime and I would have to say one of my favorite features on this site that really are not on many is how easy it is to tell if the anime is eng dub or not. that and you can sort the anime that way.

lot of good memories on here and I am sure there are more to come. made some great friends too.
anthonyscott
Fresh Meat

Postby Colony08 » June 1st, 2018, 2:13 am

Yeah, the anime fans or people rather when I first signed up came & went. I need anime friends, the only person I talk to no here is Bassam, he is the only anime friend I have. & is always so very helpful when I run into a issue with the site, which is rare. But yeah, I messaged you Anthony, perhaps we could become friends & exchange anime series to watch, farewell for now. :(
http://www.animecrave.com/_content/misc/signatures/anime/rurouni_kenshin/shishio_1.png
Colony08
Forums Enthusiast

Postby anthonyscott » June 1st, 2018, 10:44 pm

yea, I added you to friends .. seen a lot of anime just decided to rewatch psyco-pass since I noticed the 2nd season I have not seen. I do not know your style of anime though, but feel free to let me know.

I do not like anything to off the wall though like FLCL I really can not stand. I do not familiar zero, full metal panic(which is coming out with a new season now) another world with my smart phone. I can make a huge list, but I think would be easier to ask other things still lol. I do prefer ENG DUB though, although I do not have issues with sub'd I just am a slow reader and miss so much of the scenes when I watch sub.
anthonyscott
Fresh Meat

Postby Colony08 » August 17th, 2018, 10:20 pm

….Oh man, I just posted the same thing in two different forum sections, I really want other AC members to know the anime I just watched was epic, I posted it in General Discussion & another forum topic, the anime I just finished was, Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse, it was simply amazing, & you'll love the anime style, it is recent, I am sorry but I really want to watch Berserk season 2 but I do not know if I can get past the cel-shaded anime style, But, if I can watch the very first Mobile Suit Gundam which was created in 1979, then perhaps I could get used to it. We as humans, can get used to anything. Anyway, check it out man, it is simply amazing. Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse, I may find one just like it, there is bound to be one similar. Blue Gender is kinda the same, ever seen that?? It was okay, I enjoyed it, but not as much as Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse.
Colony08
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Meet Members