Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Assassin RP: The Purge

Sick of real-life? Be your favorite anime character, super hero or even made up character and destroy your foes (or just have a chat)!

Moderator: Greg

Postby DanteSilver » June 22nd, 2011, 3:44 am

We don't need to edit it out at all.. no no, that's wrong. I think their introduction to PArt 1 and certainly Part 2 made everything all awesome and stuff, BUT it's just the fear that the non-magic users would be be overwhelmed by the unshackled magic users (which were Archetypes a'all). So yeah Howlin', slightly nerfed sounds lovely and ideal.

Also, @BlackButler, your character profile seems a little out of place here, have you read any of the past threads? :S
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » June 22nd, 2011, 1:19 pm

(Agree with the above. :) So, is everyone ready? Definitely looking forward to a more streamlined story. :D)
Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 22nd, 2011, 1:43 pm

Also agree! I'm ready to start this thing!

Also, @BlackButler13, your profile is a little off, like Dante said. Theres a link to the template on the first page, or you can just copy down the categories of information that the others here have in their character profiles. Just letting you know too, I think everyone is excited to have someone new join in (I at least am,) but based on what you put in your profile, I don't know if you realize that this isn't a romance/shojo type rp. There is occasionally minor romantic encounters, but it's mostly about the action. But if thats what you're looking for, then great!
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby Coeur » June 25th, 2011, 3:53 pm

(Enough, if I must I will force this going. Already in a bitchy mood since I had to rude talk someone who messaged me and complained about Inugogirl! The twit. Anyway! Onwards!!!)

"I'm busy." The monotone voice sighed out as slender hands sneaked around her waist, a warm body pressing into her back. The young woman gasped in slight surprise as a wet tongue ghosted across her neck, but ignored it. "You are distracting me."

The weight eased off as a huff was heard, the other woman stepped past her, the identical face twisted in a small pout. Like a hyperactive puppy demanding attention, she pushed herself so she was sat on the operating table. Poking the man already laying on it, not at all concerned with the blood staining her fingers.

"How boring of you." Lain, her more boisterous twin, grumbled. "You don't seem to be doing a very good job of this one... He looks unusually pale, lips are turning blue... the blood is hardly a good sign, darker than usual too..."

"That would be because he is dead." Ellayne sighed as her sister made a large show of grimacing and wiping her hands clean. "He was killed nearby, I brought him here."

"Do I want to know why? Or have you grown bored of me, and wish to $!$! the dead? I can be unresponsive too you know." Ellayne sighed, growing tired of the distraction already. Clearly her sister had also experienced a night that was less than pleasant.

"What did you find tonight?" She asked, curious, but not really caring. Lain jumped down from the side and bustled about the tabletops, inspecting a few other corpses, running her finger down some jagged scars exposing one woman's ribcage.

"Things are getting worse. The streets aren't safe to travel at night, as our new lodgers here clearly say. Bugger all witnesses, whatever kills these guys is determined to remain hidden. Authorities are clearly blaming it on a mass murder, or gang warfare." The face twisted in distaste at the last. Ellayne knew of her sister's contempt for those lesser fools, as she called them. "The Divine Hand, for once. Doesn't even seem concerned with keeping the peace, maybe they have their own problems that they want to solve. You could do worse than get that boytoy of yours to spy on them. Ol' one arm."

Ellayne nodded but didn't say anything. It had been sometime since Ecco had visited, not that she had been the best host at any of those times. She was as ill suited for espionage as she was for combat.

"Juaze never comes home injured." Ellayne prodded, getting a nod from her other. It had become increasingly clear that their lodger could indeed look after himself, or was street wise enough to avoid any danger. But if he was wise enough to avoid trouble so far, he wouldn't spill his own opinions easily.

"I suppose I could, if you're not putting out. Maybe I can leave some marks on him for you to look at." She didn't respond to the baiting, not finding it the least aggravating.

"I will find out what killed these people. Go bother someone else." A huff and a stamp of the foot, and she was gone.

If only their current problems could be dismissed so.

(I will do a paladin one tomorrow, but our new house internet shuts off at midnight BOO! 6 minutes. So bye.)
But of all Pain, the greatest Pain.
It is to love, but love in vain.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 25th, 2011, 9:41 pm

(Oh great, I'm so glad people decide to take their issues with me to others. B[ But thanking for starting, Coeur. I thought we'd never get this past the planning stage.)

Footsteps echoed through the still hall of the living quarters of the divine hand. They stopped, a door opened, and then shut again.
"Neve," Ecco stood waiting inside Neve Van der Laan's personal quarters, looking his usual uninterested, serious self, even in this early hour.
"I heard that they found another body this morning. That makes ten. This week." His statement easily implied the question "will you finally tell me whats going on here?"

This recent epidemic of murder was something that didn't make sense to Ecco. They were just ordinary people, so that ruled out the assassin's syndicate. The Eradication didn't go around killing civilians except as casualties to bombings and raids.The other assassin organizations had all but disappeared at that point, and if a new mafia had arisen, they certainly weren't doing a very good job of making their name known, what with killing random civilians and leaving no calling cards. That left two sensible options: there was a new problem in Lysander, or the church was hiding something.

Ecco suspected the later option most. Whisperings were circulating the hand, though none of the lower disciples seemed to know anything, and the higher-ups weren't talking. Something strange was definitely going on, he just couldn't figure out what.

---

On the farthest east side of Lysander, inside a recently abandoned factory, the Eradication had just finished setting up base. This was a good location after all, they needed headquarters in as many places as possible- they needed to infect as much of the country as they could to reach their ultimate goal as efficiently as possible.
As it turned out, losing their original weapon hadn't set them back as far as they had thought. For, not a few months after the Hand had claimed Ecco's loyalty, Aiden had revealed an almost life long project of his that could alter the outcome of their plan seriously.

He was called Hei.

And right now, Hei lay on a bed in a lab-like room, just fading into consciousness. His right arm was a dull, silver-grey color, with seams and screws to be found at every joint , muscle, and curve. Wires fed into it at various points, connecting it to several machines in the room. Bandaging covered his eyes, the last remnants of a recent surgery.
As Hei let out a groan, a woman in a clean white lab coated sharp looking glasses walked over and pulled the gauze and tape away slowly, revealing his eyes, both crossed by scars, some still holding their stitches.

Slowly, Hei opened them, and a soft whirring sound could be heard as they adjusted to the dim light. He stared up at the ceiling for a moment before the red mechanical eyes flicked over to the woman.

"Where's Aiden?"
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » June 26th, 2011, 3:56 am

Neve knelt by her bed and silently sent her words to the Divine when Ecco's voice brought her back down to earth. She got up, brushed her knees and sat on the bed as she turned to face her new ward. Looking at Ecco was... disconcerting to say the least. Those eyes, barely alive, never seemed to register any interest when concerning anything other than fighting and killing; even then it was a little change.
She had given up on praying for him.
She thought about what he had said. Ten bodies, all this week. To be honest, Neve's time, life, was now concerned with rebuilding the Divine Hand in Lysander after the attacks and the now wayward personality that used to be Rosaline Mary Magdalene, the Hand's former impervious leader. She always swallowed sadness when she thought about Rosaline.

"What's so special about these dead bodies that you've come to me, Ecco? The Divine forbidding it, but murders happen almost daily, and if you came to me with every dead body that turned up in Lysander City I'm afraid you'd take up permanent residence in my quarters!" Was this the time to joke? Was she even joking? Death - unsanctioned by the Divine - always did disturb her and the truth was that she did think something was special about these particular ones.
Last edited by DanteSilver on June 26th, 2011, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby Coeur » June 26th, 2011, 11:22 am

Paladin sighed as he idly flipped through the disjointed reports on his desk. It seemed discontentment was growing within the Divine Hand, they were becoming too aware of the murders. Curse Cervantes, he was being far too obvious. If the rogue elements of the Divine Hand decided to take matters into their own hands, it could prove a serious problem to his eminence's plan.

The thought of killing them crossed his mind, before he dashed it harshly against mental rocks. He would flay the flesh from his back tonight, in pennance for those thoughts. The Divine Hand were his children, to watch over in the Lord's place. Children often wandered astray, they simply needed leading back to the family.

His orders, strict as usual, not to seek or engage the ones causing the murders, were no doubt the main crux of the issue. The bodies were appearing with clear signs of mutilation, enough so that many in the Hand would begin to suspect the work of the Great Enemy. He needed to delay that, or ensure realisation did not occur until the demon incursion itself. Where they would be too busy defending the Hand itself, to interfere elsewhere.

Billions would be consigned to death. Paladin knew he would burn forever more, in the lowest rings of Hell, for this transgression.

"Just as long as they remain safe..." He muttered to himself. Veronica knew the truth, believed in him. Trusted him. But Rosaline... did she yet realise the travesty that was to take place? She had not seemed to mind his appointment over her own, leaving her now as a joint second in command with Veronica. But she hardly knew the truth... and would no doubt be upset with what must seem indolence, in the face of the attacks stalking the streets at night.

Rising from his seat, he looked down at his twin swords, laying atop the mahogony table. Turning, he left them there, exiting the room to seek prayer. He hoped he would not need to use them for some time...
But of all Pain, the greatest Pain.
It is to love, but love in vain.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby DanteSilver » June 26th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Nights droned on when she was not allowed to kill anything or anyone. Critters that dwelt in the gutters to tall and self-indulgent humans, they all had blood, muscles, needed oxygen to breathe and all died the same way: wishing that their lives could've amounted to more. Granted, she enjoyed killing humans more than animals, some might say that she coveted the act to the point of a twisted romance but that made for a frighteningly proficient and lethal cocktail.

She had been inactive for little over a week. She killed the time - and nothing else to her utter disgust - frequenting the entertainment on offer in Formade City. Not nearly as opulent as the capital Lysander, Formade has a subtler feel to it. It was a major city, there was no denying that, but it did not have the need to assert that station over its inhabitants all the time with gravity defying skyscrapers and labyrinthine roads that was all Lysander. It seemed that the people here had their own identity separate from those in the capital. But when the call came, the nicer people of Formade City had to die as much as those in Lysander and when the call came, it wouldn't be just time that she killed...

This day looked to be as eventful as the last nine before the call came, or more accurately, a banging on the door of her one room lodging near the poorer districts of the city. Naturally, deaths occurring there were more overlooked, and that's where the original plan was to take place, but every now and then, her mischievous nature would find her walking the palisades in the grander areas, shattering the safety that only wealth could provide. She left the room - as always too late to see what or who banged on her door notifying her of the kill order - and once again would stray into the rich. As she exited the entrance to her building, she looked around checking for any unwanted attention before setting herself on the path of blood.
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 26th, 2011, 4:36 pm

The corners of Ecco's mouth pulled upward slightly, and he let off a short sigh, allowing his to drift from Neve's face to the floor; perhaps an attempt at a laugh- that was something new.

He crossed over to the chair that faced Neve's bed and slumped into it, his forearms resting on his knees. His head hung, his eyes, rimmed with dark circles stayed on the floor- he looked entirely exhausted. And he was exhausted- he was tired of constantly being on guard, of not knowing what was going on, of the pain in his re-attached arm that kept him up at night.
"Neve," He started again, this time his voice much softer- something else that was new.
"Why did you spare me back then..?" A sensitive subject that he had not dared to stray into until now.
"I've caused you nothing but harm and annoyance since then, wouldn't it have been easier just to end it before? After all, I seem to have little purpose other than running errands and delivering messages. I'm.... not needed."
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » June 26th, 2011, 4:59 pm

"Ecco," she began plainly, "I'm keeping you alive and with me to serve as a constant reminder of the work I, and by extension of me, the Hand is trying to do. You will be more than just my errand and messenger boy soon enough. But until then, I expect you to do so with all the honour and duty you can muster out of those scrawny limbs, okay?" her voice took a higher note as she ended on something lighter than the topic raised.

"And why do you look like that? You look like you've not seen a shower for the better part of a month?!"
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 26th, 2011, 5:27 pm

Ecco looked up at the woman before him in surprise, then back down at himself. A small scuffle the day before had left his appearance less than acceptable.
"Oh.... er, I apologize. I'll go take care of that now." He stood and started to turn toward the door, then paused. "Unless you have something you need me to attend to first...?" He seemed less unenthused than when he had showed, but still he couldn't hide his disappointment at not learning anything new about his current curiosity.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » June 28th, 2011, 7:28 am

"Not now, see that you are cleansed and reattired, you will have to start looking like my ward as well. There are tailors in the upper floors of the Outer Sanctum, once that's done, we'll start on your reformation. The Eradication did a lot of things to you Ecco, and I intend to undo the damage," Neve finished, watching Ecco depart.

Now alone, Neve saw to her wound. It was healing, yes, but it still brought her a good deal of pain. That... Veronica, that was her name. How she flowed around Neve's attack, into her defense and the latent brutality of her swing. There was an unnerving serenity about that Diviner. No, she's not even a Diviner, she's something higher than that... she thought lamely, thinking herself overruled before she lambasted herself, I'm more than a Diviner now too! She straightened up a bit more when that protest came. The voice in her sounded a lot like her sister's and her mind went to Ann and what Ecco said before their fight. That she was... dead. That they killed her. Sure enough, she felt something but she was unable to piece together what it meant.

Wherever you are Ann...
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby DanteSilver » June 28th, 2011, 8:04 am

The morning duties for Brothers and Sisters at the Formade City Cathedral were rigorous. Save for the Grand in New Eden City, Formade's Cathedral was the prize jewel of the Divine Hand. So the upkeep was a massive task. The Brothers and Sisters would have to attend prayers, meditation and early services within the Hand before opening its doors to the flock of Believers. Brother Damian began unlocking the doors, letting in the early morning light when a sight caught his breath and he started to tremble. A woman stood there, with her arms pointed forward, hands out in offering. And she was covered in blood.

"Please, help me," she said in a broken voice. He could control his initial revulsion and fear and he started to back again, but he remembered himself, and his duty and he steeled his resolve, stopped and collected himself.
"Child, what has happened, is this blood?" he asked.
She stepped towards him and he caught her hands, they were shaking, he held them tight, "please help me, there was so much blood, on the walls, dripping," she was insistent, she had walked them out of the morning air into the sermon hall. Bloody bootprints lined their path.
"I will Child," and he wrapped her in his outer robe, putting his arm over her to stop her shaking. He walked them through the chambers, passing his other Brothers and Sisters, they gestured that they would pray for her, and he inclined his head in thanks.
"Where are you taking me?" she was skittish, she jumped at the sight of every person, she took in none of her surroundings without fear.
"The Grand Cleric, Child. She can help you, better than I can," Damian said as he reached her chambers. He knocked and held open the door as she called enter. The blood stained girl looked at him and the dimly lit room in front of her. She held his hands tightly, "the Grand Cleric won't hurt you Child. She will save you."
"You saved me, wait for me, please?" she whispered.
"I will," he smiled back and she walked in, leaving Damian outside, in wait.

Once inside, the girl shrugged off the robe and stopped shaking.
"You sure took your time... Liora," Maria said when she turned to look at her.
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 28th, 2011, 8:28 am

Ecco closed the door after him, but did not move for a short while.
"reformation?" He thought with a frown. He didn't like the sound of that. Sure he technically wasn't with the Eradication anymore, but still the thought of being changed again didn't sit well with him; if he was lucky though, this change wouldn't hurt so much.

He continued down the hall to go about his instructed business.

(For some reason I can never remember. Which city is Ellayne's clinic in, which is the Cathedral in, and which is the Syndicate in?)
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » June 28th, 2011, 9:09 am

(The Syndicate and Ellayne's clinics are in Lysander City. Every city has a Divine Hand Cathedral in it. Does that help you? :))
DanteSilver
White Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay Zone