Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

The Wanderers (Accepting members)

Sick of real-life? Be your favorite anime character, super hero or even made up character and destroy your foes (or just have a chat)!

Moderator: Greg

Postby khelder » August 1st, 2013, 10:24 pm

Kryss had been out for less than 2 hours, before he received a brief message saying only "400k - Our Lord Commander", This had to be a joke, who would want him dead this badly? Not to mention that the target was rediculously high up, and when he thought about it, only those ambassadors directly beneath him had anything to gain from Genoblia's death, he was of half mind to decline, jobs like these were never easy, and nine times out of ten, those that hire the assasin attempt to kill him whenever he tries to receive payment, not only to save credits, but to prevent themselves from being killed by someone next in line to command. And yet, after tracing the message as he always did when receiving an assasination order, and the sources matched with his suspicions. This was going to change plans, he sent a message to it's source to wait a week, it would be done. This would mean he'd limited himself to 4 days for kat, 2 days of preperation, and the last to carry out the mission, it would be a stretch, but if he was successful, not only would he be delaying the shift the dudglings were worrying about by at least 20 years, but the slums would cease to exist. This was a mixed feeling, with the absence of the slums, hiding would be more difficult, but he wouldn't have to worry about feeding a population of atleast 10,000 people anymore, he wouldn't have to leave out to work every night for enough credits to see that everyone had enough protein cubes, he could rest. This wasn't to say that the government wouldn't still be corrupt, but the people and dudglings would fare much better this way, and he could go somewhere else the moment interplanetary travel was available. He pushed thoughts of the assasination out of his mind, and continued to track down his friend Khel, it was time to get his chameleon suit back.
khelder
Fresh Meat

Were you waiting on this, Mitsu?

Postby jtflies » August 2nd, 2013, 5:41 am

Liam strolled back into the city at a brisk pace, everything had happened so fast, but he was able to keep enough wits about him to avoid being seen as he entered back into the city. The past couple of days had been like a dream, almost like, he hadn't been himself. (JT hands Mitsu the reigns of control tied around Liam's neck)

----------

The Hammer was standing in a vast underwater cavern. Aryo's cockpit was holding water up to his shins. Thank the stars, this thing has great headlights, but how did the Dudglings see in this pitch black environment he wondered. Aryo switched off his headlights, yep pitch black, and then switched them back on. He had only barely escaped that black mobile suit, and was lucky to have found this hole while fleeing underwater. The Hammer, had taken a lot of damage - the left leg was being sluggish and skipped gears like a bad transmission, and the skates would no longer engage. He looked back to the pool of water that was the entrance to the cave and then looked forward. His mother always talked fondly about her father, and one of the thing she mentioned about his grandpa was that he had a photographic memory. Aryo used the left side of the glass of his cockpit to redraw as much of the map, the dudgling princess had drawn, as he best he could remember. He closed his eyes and concentrated and thought about every angle. He realized he had found this tunnel on the east side of the pond and therefore must be ... here; he put an x on the tunnel leading from the pond on the east side. 90% of the vast network lie ahead of him. To no further avail, he pushed the Hammer onward into the darkness.

----------

Lord Genoblia entered the council chamber with 10 armed guards, everyone stood up, "What is the meaning of this?" one of the councilors shouted. "Some of you it would seem, have betrayed me." Lord Geno walked to his chair and stood behind it as the 9 members of the High Guard encircled the other 9 council members, and one guard remained at the door to block the exit. The Dudgling ambassadors had not arrived yet, unfortunate, thought Geno, but alas he would kill them soon enough. Geno nodded to one of the guards to give the signal and without any communication all of them at once like a symphony of calamity, whirled their staves around and then plunged them into the back of the necks of each member of the council, except for Councilor Notari, who watched the whole thing in horror, blood shot across the room in all directions and the lifeless bodies went limp. Notari felt as though he watched the souls leaving the bodies. Cratom was the guard standing behind Notari. Notari could only stand there shocked, his mouth wide open and horrified as he stared blankly at Geno. "5 of them weren't even involved in the plot!" he shouted violently. Geno said, "I could care less about the plot against my life, I had this planned before I intercepted your little message to the assassin. All I needed was an excuse to take full control. Your death will be the sweetest of all Notari, I have watched you scratch tooth and nail to try to keep the people of the slums alive and I want you to know that I will take good care of them when I make them into my slaves. 10,000 men, women and children; they will become an army of the dead - a zombie horde that has no need of food, or breathable air." He snapped his fingers and in came another guard wearing a mask and carrying a particularly beautiful orchid that was obviously from this planet. The guard picked one of the dead council members and removed a petal from the orchid. He rubbed it on the still open eyes of the diseased and within seconds the councilor was back on his feet making terrifying screeches with his mouth, he looked at Notari like dinner and reached out his hands. The feral man was every bit of agile as a live man and the guards used two restraint poles to keep him from doing any harm. " Its a virus that has formed a symbiotic relationship with this flower. I plan on weaponizing it in a gaseous form and unleashing it upon the walled in inhabitants of the slums. They will be the ones to go into the tunnels and remove the Dudglings from the planet - two thorn in my sides with one stone." Lord Genoblia laughed maniacally, as he gave the signal to Cratom. Notari saw it coming however and whipped out a pistol and took a blind shot over his shoulder. Luck, he hit Cratom directly in the colar bone. Cratom fell to the ground and let out a scream of pain. Notari knew he had only one chance to escape, he dove head first into the two guards between him and the door, he heard Geno shouting, "stop him, do not allow him to escape." Notari came up from the tumble in a roll and stopped on one knee, he took aim and fired one more shot into the head of the guard in front of the door before bolting through the council chamber doors. Not good, he thought as guards were approaching from either side. In front of him was the balcony railing some 90 feet off of the ground, without hesitation he leaped over the side of the railing grabbing a handhold at the last moment and swinging into the floor below, he still had a few cards left to play, he thought, as he dashed off as fast as his legs would carry him. Lord Genoblia stood at the railing with clinched fists, shouting to the guards, "Seal off central hall, no one passes in or out until I say!"
jtflies

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » August 2nd, 2013, 7:07 am

(I'm gunna pause the RP for a second to lecture. I'm a little irritated. Jt, thanks for finally giving Liam back but as previously stated in the beginning you still took him over in your last post and the one before that. You progressed too much of the story so fast while using my character and not Rping WITH me but mor of just running it by me. I don't like to rant like this but I clearly haven't gotten a point across yet. I really would've liked Liam to stay and have talked to your character through the mass of shitt that just happened. There was a fcking dragon. A drudgling. An attach. And that Brutus guy. All of which you kinda just did without letting me say anything. Now I'm gunna keep the RP paused until I figure out how I'm gunna post next and until you reply to this post. I hope I've made myself clear for future posts. If not, I'll link you to other RPs in this thread to show you want I mean by RPing together. SIGH. OK. I'LL POST ONCE I FIGURE SOMETHING OUT. Besides. Suzu and keke haven't joined yet.)

(Edited in: Btw i didn't mean to sound so awfull... i'm bad at getting my point across... i've calmed down. wasn't have a great day. anyhoo. I"ll post a response soon.

I guess it's safe to say that I can skip a few days now?)
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » August 2nd, 2013, 11:21 am

Two days had passed since Kat was taken up by Kryss and since Liam had departed with Aryo

Liam strolled through the streets of the main part of the city. Some of it, most of it, had greenery and didn't necessarily have too much of a metallic structure to the city, and he liked that.

Liam sighed and thought When will she come home... what if she was eaten in the forest... No, Kat is too headstrong to let anything kill her. But she was acting so weird that morning when she left.

Liam approached a government building and spoke to the women at the front.

"Yes, how may I help you?" She asked disinterested without even looking up.

Liam passed her his identification, "I'm Kat Rhivalde's brother. Can you pass along a message to Lord Genoblia. There's still no sign of her." [read her bio if you're confused about why this happened. she worked right under lord Geno as like a lieutenant per say] As much as he hated the federation, he knew that he should pass along the message. Tch... I wish she wasn't affiliated with them

The woman heard the last name and said nothing further, she sent the message immediately to reach Lord Geno, and Liam was on his way.

```````````

Kat had been dreaming all night. She was dreaming she was in a meadow, then she was pulled under water into a lake near a waterfall by something that she couldn't quite make out. When she tried to speak, the words that left her didn't make sense, but whatever was holding her understood her and responded. They seemed to be dragging her deeper and deeper, until finally she woke up.

Kat gasped for air and was breathing heavily, What was that.... I've seen that waterfall before... I slept near it a few nights ago... She reached for her throat. Didn't I have a necklace on before? I guess it fell off in the forest... She sighed and laid back down. I'm getting so restless being trapped in here.

That dream of whatever pulled her down under water was still on her mind.

Tomorrow is the day. Kryss is taking me into the city. He doesn't seem as anxious as i am. He seems like he's dreading it.
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby khelder » August 2nd, 2013, 12:19 pm

Kryss got back to his house exhausted, first he had to sort out problems with Khel, and even then he tried to leave with the chameleon suit, next he had to track down a decent forger, and those are nonexistent on the this planet, at least, not yet, and of all of the things that could happen, he ran into some guards that actually knew that he was on this planet, and worse still, had their guard up, for once, he'd had trouble staying alive in this city. He'd also heard that there was some sort of trouble in the Central building, meaning that even if he did get the assasination of Genoblia, there was a very good chance he wouldn't be getting paid for it, but on the off chance that it was unrelated, or that some of the ambassadors had survived to pay him, he still had to take the job. He walked passed Kat's room and waved in greetings, and gathered the remainders of his equipment, this was going to be a LONG day.
khelder
Fresh Meat

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » August 2nd, 2013, 12:28 pm

Kat waved at Kryss and saw the worn out expression on his face as he left, "Wonder what's up..."

After we go to the city... I need to figure out when I'm going back to the forest. I doubt I'll find that engraved necklace, but I remember where that waterfall is... However, it did take me two days to get to the edge of the forest from there. I can't burden Kryss with any more of my problems.. so I don't think he needs to know about this.
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby khelder » August 2nd, 2013, 1:02 pm

Kryss finally had everything together, he walked over to Kat's room "Before we head out, I have something I'm going to have to explain to you Kat. I'm a wanted man, I've hinted at it before but I'm not entirely sure you understand how huge it is, I'm a criminal Kat, I get paid to smuggle illegal goods and to assassinate people, that's what all this preparation was all about, to make sure I don't get caught. Security was lax up until two days ago, I could pretty much move around with ease, but now there are guards who know I'm actually on this planet, and there's a very good chance I'll get caught if I go walking around like normal. I also found out where I'd heard your name before, and once you remember, well lets just say, you won't be repaying me like you said you would," he said wryly, with a bit of a smirk,"I'll try to get you home without you being seen with me, that way your reputation will stay solid." He honestly found the situation hilarious in a way, an ironic and almost cruel way, tossing a subcommander into the den of a wanted criminal, and to top it all off, it was his own fault, at least he knew he knew he could still trust his gut instinct. He almost laughed at that thought, maybe it was stress but he felt unstable in his own mind, this wasn't good, he had an assassination attempt just a few days away, he couldn't come unhinged now over something so trivial, just hold it together he told himself.
khelder
Fresh Meat

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » August 2nd, 2013, 1:21 pm

Kat sat up from her bed with the most concerned look on her face, "You're so honest..." She said looking at him, "You're willing to do all this knowing that you could get caught. I can go alone if you want. The last thing I want is for you to get caught... Besides, we're on some random planet I know nothing about, I have no family, no home, so maybe I'm no one important. Maybe I lived in the slums here, maybe I was a criminal too, i mean, you just said you've heard my name before, so maybe..."

Kat let out an aggravated sigh, "Ugh... I don't know" She thought for a moment, This is all so messed up...this city, this civilization and this situation seems so twisted, these poor people in these dirty slums seem so scared. "I told you I would repay you, and I will. You can trust me, you saved my life." She looked at him and there was no hint of a lie in her words, if only she knew what she was promising, "I'll only go into the city if you promise me that you won't get caught. Promise me." She stared deep into his eyes.
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby khelder » August 2nd, 2013, 1:58 pm

Kryss sighed, the promise she was asking wasn't one he could guarantee keeping, especially since he planned on going with her, still she wouldn't be able to find her way without help, and he was the only one he trusted to make sure she got to this city so he chose to reveal a little more than he just did.

"You're not a criminal, well you won't be so long as you aren't caught with me, You're actually one of the most important people on this planet, you're Geno's right hand, I'd heard before that you were even more ruthless than he his now, obviously you weren't like that in the beginning or your nature wouldn't have changed so drastically," he said,"And you have a brother, I actually met him once, which is why I feel stupid for not recognizing you earlier, though he didn't know who I was, he seemed like the type who would look all over the place for you, and he seemed like the type not to get involved with Geno's type if he could help it." He continued to tell her about herself, weaving stories like it was child's play, like he was actually there, language always had been a talent of his, and it came in handy whenever he found a person who didn't speak well, or for telling stories. He painted a strong independent woman who wouldn't hesitate to shoot and kill a criminal like him, who would get the job done regardless of the cost. But he also painted the image of a gentler person, one who was friendly towards her friends and shared a strong bond with her brother. "After I realized who you were, I tried to gather some info on your accomplishments, and believe me, I was impressed with some of the things I've found, If we were to face off when you still had your memories and training, well, I'm not sure I'd survive it, lets just put it that way." He smiled, "Well, I can't promise I won't get caught, but you are going to the city and to your brother, that much I can tell you." He spoke firmly, he didn't know why it was so important anymore, her reputation alone should carry her home now that she knew who she was, yet something told him to do it, the same gut feeling that said she was bad news 3 days earlier, told him that he should help her. His best guess was that her owing him might save his life within the next few days, but the only thing planned was an assassination on her boss, whom she'd already scorned and obviously didn't like the impression, still, he trusted this feeling more than anything else he had to go on.
khelder
Fresh Meat

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » August 2nd, 2013, 2:19 pm

Kat stuttered, "Y-You knew about me..." It felt like a flicker of lightning had struck inside her, just from hearing about all of her memories that she still couldn't remember. "I worked for your Lord? A-And I have a brother?..." She smiled and couldn't help the tears that were forming fall down. She wiped them off, "I'm sorry... hearing all of this still doesn't feel real.. Even after hearing it all, I still don't remember, but I don't know why."

After hearing all of this, it was like she found new direction in her life. She wasn't sure what she was going to do with all the information. She just found out that she had family, but after seeing how life was here with her own eyes, she still wasn't keen on going back to work for Lord Geno.

"So... I'm important." She tried to gather it all together in her mind, "So you don't know what happened to me? Or why they haven't found me?... " She paused for a second and whispered under her breath, "I don't know if I want to go back" To my brother, of course, I have to meet him. She thought But to that Lord 'Geno'... I don't know... Maybe there's some form of currency that these people in the city have, and maybe there's a place that holds it all... If I'm so important then I must have money, I wonder if that'd be enough to pay Kryss back. But I'll worry about that when the time comes...
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby khelder » August 2nd, 2013, 4:20 pm

Kryss was shocked at that statement,"I don't know if I want to go back." Then he remembered, apart from what she'd just heard about herself, she didn't know much of what the Earth Federation did, or just how crazy that sounded, or that the Earth Federation actually held memory banks of all senior employees in the event that they lost their memories, capable of reimplanting any vital information, or even doing a full mind restore. "Believe me, you want to go back, even if only to get your old memories back, the government has ways of restoring lost memories, apparently new planets have too many unknown flora that causes all sorts of strange effects, so they rushed to figure out where and how memories were stored, and learned to extract, copy and implant memories, it's even used for training purposes, when someone needs to feel the experience of an orbital drop to quickly reach the surface, though that tactic is used for rebel soldiers attempting to break off from the Earth Federation because any other scenario isn't enough to warrant the risk of it, they can literally implant what to do and how to do it, to prevent mistakes." The idea still escaped Kryss, so he wasn't sure how someone who had no idea how someone who knew even less would react to such information, but the important thing was, that she had as much information as possible before she made her choice of what to do with her life, hopefully she wouldn't lose her current memories in the process, while rare it wasn't unheard of to happen.
khelder
Fresh Meat

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » August 2nd, 2013, 4:35 pm

Kat clenched her fists, "The more you tell me about what they can and can't do, the more it pisses me off." It was a little scary to see someone who was just happy to hear about her past, turn into someone so full of rage. "You make it sound like they can mold anyone into anything. Who's to say they didn't do that to me. You said I worked right with this Lord, so who's to say what they did to me- to mold me to the top. If I were them, I wouldn't put anything at the top that I didn't trust, and if this Lord is as disgusting as he sounds, I wouldn't put it past him. I wonder... If they were doing those things to me, and I wonder if I even knew about it. What if I found out.. and that's why I was sent away... No, cause why would they send me away, they could just fix my memory... so how did I get away, or why" She rambled, more talking to herself than to Kryss, "Ah.. sorry... I'm just trying to understand what's happening. This is all so much to take in, and i'm sure I don't even know the half of it, huh."
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby khelder » August 2nd, 2013, 5:09 pm

Kryss smiled, this was exactly how the general populace first reacted, until the features were better explained. "Fortunately what you just described isn't very likely, most of the system is automated, It would take a genius with the reactions of a well trained acrobatic to manually select and manipulate any once memory, and as it turns out, the mind actually stores countless copies of the same memory to prevent it from being lost and changed later on, of course, the mind can also manipulate it's own memories, think back, when you were hit with my paralysis beam 3 days ago, everything that took place while it happened was hazy at first right? I'm willing to bet that you remember it crystal clear like it just happened now right? It's whenever you remember something, even if half of what you remember was fake, the memory is destructive, in other words, the newer version of whatever memory you pulled out, is the one that stays in your mind, it gradually gets clearer and clearer every time you try to remember, because you subconsciously change the memory to make it easier to remember... I know it's hard to grasp, but rest assured, the federation didn't do this to you, you either did it to yourself, or someone else did, I wouldn't put it past lord Genoblia, but I can't see him having the time or reason to do that to you. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that whatever happened, it wasn't planned." He then explained how the system exactly worked, and how no matter how hard you tried if there was a break in the protocol, the AI would cease all processes involving the break, and would insert the unchanged memories back into the person involved, preventing just anyone from messing with everyones memories, though Genoblia does have the power, he would have had to prepare months in advance to get the request, not command, but request approved.
khelder
Fresh Meat

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » August 2nd, 2013, 5:29 pm

Kat nodded, "That is a lot to take in. But I think I understand. It sounds like a tight system. So I did it or someone else... and if I went back.... would only I be able to put the memories back? Or could the Lord do it himself." She shuttered at the thought.
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby khelder » August 2nd, 2013, 5:42 pm

Kryss checked the time, if they were going to leave, they would have to do it soon, the guards would be changing shifts soon and now was when they'd be most tired and lazy, he merely replied with a simple,"Someone would be monitoring the system as it went along it's business, but you'd be the one to choose which memories you got back, and whether the system withdrew any memories, you should be in complete control unless they recently changed just about every rule in the book." He smiled to indicate it was a joke, though it was obvious before he did what it was.
khelder
Fresh Meat

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay Zone