Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

The World... of Warcraft!

Sick of real-life? Be your favorite anime character, super hero or even made up character and destroy your foes (or just have a chat)!

Moderator: Greg

Has my drunken writing sbotaged this rp from the start?

Poll ended at April 25th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Yesh
No votes
Nooooooooooooooo
No votes
Where am I!? Why am I!?
75%
What is this? I don't even.
25%

Total votes : 4

The World... of Warcraft!

Postby Coeur » June 29th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Note: Although it's recommended to properly appreciate the nature of this RP, you do not have to have played World of Warcraft. If that is the case, however, you need to have some understanding of the story, particularly the events in Northrend or from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

"For years, the heroes of the Alliance and Horde have fought against the evils in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, against the demons of the Burning Legion in Outland, and against each other - all the while unaware that a threat more dangerous than any they had yet encountered was preparing to make its move in the icy continent of Northrend. Now the Lich King, Arthas Menethil, has emerged from Icecrown Citadel to claim the world as his own. Heroes of the Alliance and Horde gather in Northrend to make a stand against the malevolent being that dares to declare himself Azeroth's one true king...and seeks to scour all life from the world."

The RP will start at the point of the initial invasion on the Horde side. Garrosh Hellscream, Champion of the Warsong Offensive, travels to Orgrimmar to meet with Thrall (Warchief of the Horde), Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, High Overlord Saurfang, Grand Apothecary Putress and Rehgar Earthfury to decide what to do about the Scourge. Thrall, after consulting Saurfang and the spirits, favoured sending a scouting party to Nothrend to meet with Jaina Proudmoore to discuss what the Alliance were willing to do about the Lich King, before deploying the Horde's army. Garrosh, however, felt that this allegiance with the Alliance would put the Horde in danger, and felt that they should conquer the humans, crush the Scourge and rule all of Azeroth. Thrall, irritated with Garrosh's reckless ideas, proclaimed that the humans were not a threat and that the Lich King would only take advantage of a fight between the Horde and Alliance. Further provoking Garrosh by claiming he would not make the same mistakes as his father, Grom Hellscream, Garrosh challenged Thrall to a duel to settle the matter.
The two orcs fought tirelessly until Garrosh gained the upper hand. At which point, the battle was interrupted by a Scourge invasion within Orgrimmar. Thrall and Garrosh abandoned their duel, claiming to settle their dispute later. After the wave of Scourge was overcome Garrosh was sent back to Northrend with Saurfang to begin preparations for war. This is where we, the champions of the Horde, come in!

Us, a small group of 5, are tasked by Thrall to perform the more subtle tasks to help facilitate this invasion, i.e. diplomatic missions, scouting, handling settlements, etc.

Unfortunately, little does Thrall know that the group tasked with such important missions are complete misfits, kept alive only by the divine irony of fate, and sheer dumb luck. Complete idiots, who in any other strain of society, would have been culled from the gene pool.

Brought together by fate, kept together by circumstance. They fight to defeat The Lich King.

Rules:
- Consider this a 5 man instance group - Each character is a different race of the Horde.
- The characters are as follows-
Orc Warrior - tank (male)
Tauren Druid - healer (male)
Blood Elf Mage - damage (female)
Undead Warlock - damage (male)
Troll Shaman - damage/emergency healer (male)
- This is meant to be a comedy, but try to keep your character's dialogue in line with it's voice and racial personality. You'll know exactly what I mean by this if you've played WoW before, but, in black and white, it's as follows:
Orcs - headstrong, brave
Taurens - slow, wise
Blood elves - posh, superior
Undeads - sarcastic, ironic, apathetic
Trolls - (deserves a mention that they have a West Indies accent), spiritual, mystical, cautious
- For now, there's only room for 5 on this RP. If, by some stroke of luck, it becomes amazingly popular and lots of people want to join, we'll vary it and change things up a bit, y'know maybe make it a 10man raid group.

Use this template-ish

Name: Damien
Sex: Male
Race: Undead
Class: Warlock - Destruction
Bio: Damien is a warlock possessed of a sociopathic hatred of all things living. Evil to a degree that has long since become a little uncomfortable to those around him. He is often accused of trying almost too hard. A self appointed "Dark Lord," he has no respect for his team mates, and actively seeks to get them killed in amusingly gruesome ways. After all, he'd already dead, so no loss there. Known for spontaneously setting things on fire, and a stoic refusal to do something that would avoid inflicting death on someone.

Appearance: Image

EDITED
Last edited by Coeur on June 30th, 2011, 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
But of all Pain, the greatest Pain.
It is to love, but love in vain.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby KeKe » June 29th, 2011, 11:11 pm

I will be a sexy female blood elf mage. as I pl;ayed one in the game. I will come and make a profile and what have you later, at this moment. I am too tired to do so.

Name: Salandria
Sex: Female
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Mage - Arcane
Bio: Salandria, like all blood elves, lives off the arcane magics of the world. She however, doesn't fully understand how this process works. You may find her randomly doing some strange ritual or prayer at really akward times. She also thinks that, since she is a blood elf, she is better than the rest of the creatures of the world, this in the past has led to innocent people being swept up in her magic. Salandria is not particularly used to "ruffing" it which has led to her slight delusion that she is somehow on the level of princess. (hmmm, this really isn't a bio so much as things she does and how she acts... then again, i dont kn oe enough lore to really come up with a good background story, as well as since i do not know if we will be level 1 or lvl 80 or somewhere in between, or if even level will really matter in this rp)

this is a picture of my actuall toon when I was ~lvl 70. coolest armor set (imo) that i ever found.
Last edited by KeKe on June 30th, 2011, 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KeKe

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » June 30th, 2011, 6:25 am

Talked with Coeur and I'll kick off this RP with an introduction to the group from Thrall. I'll also be taking the role of Troll Shaman. If we don't have 5 people I'll be happy to also write the other roles until we have enough people. Profile to come later tonight! :)
Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

Postby KeKe » June 30th, 2011, 8:15 am

(because warcraft sucks, we will need a tank and healer i believe. AH, already said in OP lol)
KeKe

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » June 30th, 2011, 11:20 am

Name: Azrakhul (pronounced Az-rah-cool)
Sex: Male
Race: Troll
Class: Shaman - Elemental
Bio: Azrakhul (known as Az for short) is a spiritual psychic. Though his visions often come true, they do not always appear as he has made them out to be, usually resulting in him being laughed at by his peers. Despite this, he continues to commune through the spirits. Az is often calm and cautious, but catch him in the wrong mood and he may just send the spirits out ta get ya!
Appearance:
Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » June 30th, 2011, 11:26 am

(@KeKe: As lovely as your image of your blood elf is, I was kind of hoping for a little more than just a pretty face for your bio. Can you describe your characters personality a bit? Blood elves usually tend to be quite vain and aloof. :))
(Also, when do people want to start? I've got the intro for the story all written up, so I can post it whenever. Shall we wait to see if a couple more people want to join?)
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

Postby KeKe » June 30th, 2011, 2:10 pm

clearly, I'm not done making it. ive been quite busy today. should have it finished by the evening though
KeKe

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » July 1st, 2011, 4:35 am

(The bio's good. :) Don't worry about adding a personal back story or anything, it'd take too long to explain and probably wouldn't fit with WC Lore. Personality is more important since it impacts what your character will do in the story to come. Level certainly doesn't matter, since we're ignoring all the statistics that make WoW so popular and focusing more on what WoW does so badly: storytelling. We can forget about age as well, it'll create more inconsistency.)
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Coeur » July 5th, 2011, 1:53 am

(I'll start an intro for my char. Probably best if we start this with Thrall giving a task.)

"Undead..." Thrall growled, his head resting in one hand as though the weight of all Azeroth hung upon his shoulders. "Explain to me.... precisely what happened." The undead in question stood nonchalantly before the mighty warchief, his glowing eyes turned towards the ceiling, as though contemplating the mysteries of the stars that lay beyond it.

"My name is not Undead. I am Damien! Master of Evil, Lord of the Undead, Dark Lord, The One, He who shall not be named, He who scares small children. The Master of Boogiemen, weaver of fate! And horde-factor winner for the third year running." He strode about the room, casting his arms wide. "And I am pleased to announce the complete destruction of over a hundred Alliance scum, the terror instilled on thousands, and the eradication of a soldier training facility!"

Thrall began to clap slowly, though all around noticed his strained features. His nearby guards discretely stepped aside.

"Well done Damien.... well done indeed. Was what I would have said! HAD I NOT SENT YOU ON A DIPLOMATIC MISSION!" His arms slammed down on his chair. "AND IT WAS AN ORPHANAGE! NOT A TRAINING FACILITY!"

"The Orphanage attacked me. It's my story and I'm sticking to it."

"Where is Throsh? The diplomat I sent with you." He asked as he fell back into his chair, a pained expression on his features. Damien looked around, as though searching for this mysterious person.

"I have no idea who you mean."

"THE ORC! DAMN IT! THE ORC!"

"Hmmmm....." Damien's eyes again looked towards the ceiling as he recalled his approach to Stormwind.

"Halt Horde scum, what brings you here!" A sentinal who stood before Stormwind shouted, a multitude of bows being trained on the two of them.

"Quickly, speak to them, assure them of our intentions." The orc beside him whispered. Damien nodded as he stepped forward, gesturing widely with his arms.

"I mean you harm!"

"No harm! You mean them NO harm!" The Orc frantically shouted. Damien quirked an eyebrow, all that was visible, a slight tightening of one yellow eye.

"Really? That doesn't sound like me." A hundred arrows were loosed as the Orc screamed. Though undead, and generally unfazed by sharp objects pointing into deadened, unfeeling skin. Damien searched for cover to protect himself.

"ARGHHHH!" The Orc screamed as arrows slammed into him, the bony fingers around his shoulders keeping him standing, as he absorbed all the arrows that might of hit the warlock. A moment later he was casually cast aside, as flames began pooling around the robed corpse's hands.

"I love diplomacy."

-----------------

"He died a noble death warchief. I'm almost sure of it."

-------------------------

(Thats my intro, if you wanted to handle Thrall Howlin, you can do lol. I thought it might be an idea to assign them a mighty task, and for Thrall to stick them together. Perhaps with the intention of getting them killed, by sending them alone against everyone xD... since they are all such liabilities.)[/i]
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby KeKe » July 5th, 2011, 5:37 am

(will be gone with little internet access for the next 2 days :/ thought id let ya know)
KeKe

Postby Coeur » July 5th, 2011, 6:05 am

(kk thx for warning.)
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Grimtotem » July 5th, 2011, 9:11 am

The only problem I have with this is the fact that there can only be ONE female character and I tend not to play male characters >.> I'd like to be the orc or the tauren though.))
Grimtotem
Forums Enthusiast

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » July 5th, 2011, 10:12 am

(That's fine! Me and Coeur are thinking of changing round the rules a bit, since they seemed a little too strict to begin with, so be whatever gender/race/class you like. :) The original idea was to have variation, which is why certain race/class combos were suggested, but that limits us to only 5 characters, and 5 people, which becomes a problem if others want to join. So, yeah, restrictions removed. :D)
(P.S. My post will be up soon. It's already written but needs editing due to slight inconsistencies with Coeur's. More to come! :))
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Grimtotem » July 6th, 2011, 8:02 am

((Oh, well alright then ^^))

Name: Ulma Blackfeather
Race: Orc
Class: Warrior - Protection

Bio: Ulma had actually never stepped foot into Azeroth until 5 years ago. She had been born in Nagrand to the Mag'har, always walking on the fringes of the clan due to being 'odd'. Of course, this was mainly due to her odd purple eyes and she always seemed to be staring off, watching or listening to someone or something that no one else could see. Of course, they were spirits but she wasn't about to admit that. She crossed the dark portal at age 22 and went to Orgrimmar, hoping to win glory and honor for her the Mag'har and herself by serving the Horde. she is dutiful, stubborn, but willing to serve Thrall and most of all, Garrosh. Maybe she has a SMALL crush on him >.> Who knows?

Appearence:
This is about as close as I could get. Her skin is ACTUALLY brown and she is dressed in Warrior T5 with a shield and sword. Also has wierd lookin purple eyes. Could be because she has an unnatural power to see the dead.

T5

~~~~~

Ulma had been in the back of the room, watching the scene unfold. She was also burning with rage. She had known Throsh, considered him a friend. How dare this undead consider his death so lightly! He was probably to blame anyway!

Ulma turned to look at thrall, her eyes full of rage and one hand gripping tightly to the hilt of her sword. Oh she was pissed.
Grimtotem
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Coeur » July 6th, 2011, 1:11 pm

(Nice chara Grim. I'll add my second, we can hopefully get this party started when Howlin adds his second, and he can have thrall send us off.)

Name: Cara
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Rogue - subtlety

Bio: Cara grew up as one of the many orphans stranded in Shattrath, raised among the tensions of the Aldor and the Scryers, she soon learned to make her living re-appropriating items, and partaking in transfer of ownership. Her only dream is to one day rest in a bed made of money, and her obsession has taken over her entire life. Long since having forgotten how much money she actually owned, she is miserly and stingy, and will forget any and all orders at the sight of reflected light. Especially if it is gold.

Though she is a skilled rogue, her kleptomania, combined with her complete and utter lack of reliability hampers her abilities at times, and in the heat of battle she can often be found busy trying to pry a gemstone from a fallen enemy's sword, than actively stab anyone in the back.

Image : Image
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Next

Return to Roleplay Zone