Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Assassin RP: The Purge

Sick of real-life? Be your favorite anime character, super hero or even made up character and destroy your foes (or just have a chat)!

Moderator: Greg

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 28th, 2011, 1:55 pm

(Yes, thanks Dante! So then, since Maria is in Formade, are Paladin and Neve at the Lysander Cathedral..? Or somewhere else...)

It was much later in the morning when the door to Ellayne's clinic opened and a dark figure stepped inside. Despite the fair weather, they wore a long sleeved, hooded cloak and gloves, so that only their face exposed, though even that was in shadow in the dim waiting room.
He waited for a minuet.
No one came.

He heard voices in another room, faint but there. "Hello?" He called, taking a few steps toward the door at the back of the waiting room.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby Coeur » June 28th, 2011, 2:44 pm

(Yes, just to clarify. Maria is under the command of Paladin, as all Divine Hand Cathedrals are, except New Eden, but each cathdral has their own leader. Formade is where Lyle and Odin should be too, I think at the end of the last chapter, she was busy distracting them so they would not notice Paladin taking control back in Lysander(no doubt they'd know by now). Also to clarify, only Paladin and Veronica know of the alliance with Cervantes, and the plan. Everyone else is just ordered not to seek the cause of the murders, or they're given missions that keep them busy, etc.)

Lain paused as she heard the voice. So distracted had she been in idly watching her sister poke around inside a new corpse, that she hadn't been as aware as she should have been. Without orders from the Syndicate, and no leads to follow on her own... she was becoming bored.

And lax.

Her amber eyes turned to meet her sister's. The emotionless woman stared back, before turning towards the main waiting room, stripping two bloodied gloves from her pale hands.

Lain followed after her, curious, and with little else to do. A young man stood in their waiting room, cloaked and hooded despite the fair weather. Though she had never met him before, she recognised him immediately from his appearance. This was the man... boy... that Ellayne had patched up, the one with the missing arm.

"Ecco." Ellayne spoke, no inflection of greeting or warmth in her tone. "This is my sister. Lain." A gesture towards her. Lain smiled predatorily at the boy, while her mind wracked.... she had heard that name before somewhere... something to do with the Syndicate... a file... the memory was lost. "Why are you here?"
But of all Pain, the greatest Pain.
It is to love, but love in vain.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 28th, 2011, 3:19 pm

(Oh, okay. Great, thanks so much for clarifying, Coeur!)

An unreadable grin spread across the newcomer's face. "Ecco?" He repeated, Slowly pulling back his hood to get a better look at the twins before him.

It was not Ecco. This boy's hair was black. He was taller, older looking, and his eyes... they were an unnatural shade of red, surrounded by scars.
"I take it that means you've seen him? You see I'm trying to track him down... His family misses him terribly, you see." He paused again, his grin widening as he glanced between the two. "You wouldn't happen to know where Ecco is now...would you?"
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby Coeur » June 28th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Ellayne's eyes widened, and Lain noticed her take a step back. An unusual reaction, it quickly stirred a rush of protectiveness in her. She stepped between them, careful to keep her actions at the speed a normal person might have. Her eyes darted to Ellayne, begging her to slip away.

"Haven't you ever heard of Doctor-patient confidentiality?" She quipped, spreading her arms wide and tilting her head cutely. "Why not tell me about you handsome. You look very interesting." She could feel her sister stepping away slowly, putting distance between them. Despite her affiliation to the Syndicate, Ellayne would be little more than a liability in a fight... Both of them knew this...

Lain fervently hoped he did not.

(omg, finally some action? Like after 4,000,000 posts xD)
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 28th, 2011, 4:27 pm

The young man laughed, but their was nothing behind the sound. It wasn't even a polite laugh, just an automatic reaction.

"Oh, I'm sure you wouldn't care to hear about me, I'm not a very interesting person." He seemed interested in Lain, but was growing more insistent.
"Now I really would appriciate you giving me any information you have on little Ecco- I really just want to bring him home. You two should know very well the importance of being close to... family." He took a step toward the girls.
Despite his smile, he was deadly serious.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby Coeur » June 28th, 2011, 4:33 pm

"Of course." Lain smiled disarmingly. "I'd hate to keep family apart, I wonder if you're as close as we are... Ecco lives down the road, a little flat on the high street." She continued to lie blithely. "The flat's called Hule Homes, not sure on the flat number... but if you ask at reception they should know."

Ellayne was nearly out of the room now, attempting to mask her retreat as simply leaving her sister to handle business. Lain brushed some hair from her forehead, running her fingers down a small stiletto she kept in the back of her collar. It was all she had at the moment. Her skills required her to be prepared... she couldn't keep an arsenal of highly poisoned equipment on her at all times...

"Can I help with anything else while you're here?"
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 28th, 2011, 4:53 pm

"You can tell me why your sister is running away." He said quickly, loudly, his piercing eyes now only on Ellayne.
"Is it perhaps because she didn't want to get involved when your lie fell through?"
He had figured it out.

"Your a good lier, really. I wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't already known that such a place no longer exists. Perhaps you've forgotten those bombings that took place a little under a year ago?"
He took another step forward, his eyes still on Ellayne who had stopped moving at his accusation. "Now why won't you tell me where he really is? You don't want to keep my from my dear little brother, do you?"
He sounded almost annoyed behind the half grin on his face.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » June 29th, 2011, 1:54 pm

His presence here offended its very existence, its very nature. The assassin Dante Silver, number 4 in the Assassin's Syndicate, walked New Eden's streets cowled in the guise of a Brother at the Cathedral. His mission here, only Ann knew. He was to surveil the cloistered leaders of the Divine Hand and report back with anything that he deemed noteworthy. His second mission, perhaps the more important one, was to find out about the shift in power in Lysander City. Rosaline Mary Magdalene, whom everyone in the Syndicate was familiar with, was no longer leading the Cathedral there.. the Syndicate had heard rumours of a puppet leader - more whispers said Neve van der Laan - and the other end of the rumours originated here in New Eden. Something was afoot in the Divine Hand, and Dante, hidden like the serpent in the Eden of lore, would find out what and corrupt.
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 29th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Ecco had showered and found his way to the Tailor, as Neve had directed. They happened to have the old uniform of a no longer young retainer, and simply gave it to him instead of being bothered with fitting a new one to him in such a busy time of the year. The black uniform with a white cross stitched with red thread to the right breast was just a little too big, making him look even smaller than he already was.

He walked slowly down the stairs, not at all in a hurry to get back to Neve and her plans for "reformation." Eventually however he made it back to her quarters and sighed, knocking slowly on the door and waiting.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » June 29th, 2011, 4:49 pm

"Come in," Neve said to her door as she was pulling on the double breasted coat over her uniform. It was the symbol of the leader of a flock.. which she was now. "Oh Ecco, yes, that is much better. And you even," she leaned towards him and sniffed, exaggerating the act, "have showered!"

She stopped trying to lighten the mood when she was greeted with Ecco's blank stare.. there really was no getting through to him. She sniffed and straightened up again, ready to act the leader she was. "How do I look? I don't think I can wear this coat the way Rosaline did..."
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby Coeur » June 29th, 2011, 5:00 pm

(wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee alcohols)

"We dion't know where he is." Lain replied, casting aside deception in favour of heartless survival. This Ecco fool wasn't worth their lives. Still... "You'd do well to leave here, before I consider wiping that smug grin from your face." She stepped again between him and Ellayne, making her intentions to fight to the death, if necessary, clear to him.

No doubt sensing the tension, and realksing what was coming. Ellayne broke for freedom, dashing through the doorway and slamming the door closed. Lain did not blame her, in fact she was glad. But the moment's inattention she gave to ensuring her sister, her very heart's, safety. Was costly.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 29th, 2011, 5:23 pm

"Hey!" The young man dashed through the doorway after her, slipping around Lain quickly. He ran into the back room and gave chase to the young woman, no longer smiling. "Come'ere!" He growled, tripping over a chair and stumbling back to his feet.

---

Ecco looked at Neve. "You look like a leader of the Hand." Of course. The only response to be expected from someone like him.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby Coeur » June 29th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Lain dove through the doorway after the man, snarling like a wild animal as she raked a number of unmarked vials from the worksurfaces towards him, watching the glass shatter on the floor, and his body. She had no idea what was contained in them, but hoped they might be poisonous at the least. A moment later the rest of her body descended on him. Her slight weight not even budging him as she tore the thin stiletto from her collar and raised it high to strike.

"You won't touch her!" She screamed in blind rage, her teeth gritting together so hard that her lips peeled back in rage.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 29th, 2011, 5:56 pm

He stumbled away, Lain had not been so lucky to get vials of poison, but they did contain alcohol and acid, which hit his arm and face, eliciting a short cry from him as the liquid entered the cuts created by the shards of glass as they hit him. He backed away from the crazed woman until he hit the door to the separate operating room and fell to the floor. He started getting up and suddenly stopped, even with Lain still close behind.

His eyes were locked onto the operating bed and the cart of surgical tools that sat next to it. He stared wide eyed at it for a moment longer before letting out a choked scream and stumbling to his feet. He ran into Lain and the Stiletto. It hit his right shoulder with a clank.
Clank?

He whirled around, a look of Terror still in his eyes, and backhanded the woman with all his might, sending her to the floor. He stood panting over her, obviously trying hard to swallow the strange emotion he had shown just seconds earlier.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » June 30th, 2011, 8:48 am

The sky, dimly lit by the faint glow of the moon, flickered uncomfortably with the presence of demonic energy. At the centre of the disturbance stood the magnificent fortress of Lord Cervantes. Its four towers, quite literally, punctured the clouds, creating swirling puffs of pollution.

In the throne room, ironically characterised by large glowing stone slab in the centre, knelt four archetypes. Though their forms were usually indistinguishable from humans, their darker complexion and faded shadows were more apparent in Cervantes' fortress.
They muttered among themselves until they heard footsteps.
"Quick, he's here!" one of them hissed as the footsteps grew louder.
"Oh, believe me, you'll know when He's here," mused Torloth as he walked past them. "Oh, come now, you mean to tell me you've never seen a human?" he mocked, as the four archetypes exchanged confused glances.
Torloth was right, though. Any entrance by Cervantes had no subtlety whatsoever. Sure enough, the dark, ominous hum of his portal surrounded by purple smoke manifested before them. His voice deeply echoed both in their minds and out aloud.
"Stand...you fools." he glanced angrily at the four archetypes who quickly stumbled to their feet in fear. He then turned to Torloth, with less anger, but the same cold stare.
"What news do you bring?"
"My lord, everything has been prepared and we are ready to assemble the army--"
"But...?"
"But there's someone...or, uh, something that's already began the purge. It's been murdering citizens and has instilled fear among the people of Lysander. Nevertheless, if it continues to murder with such obvious ways at this stage, we could face more than we are prepared for."
Torloth could tell through his helm that Cervantes had raised an eyebrow, usually a dangerous reaction to have to deal with.
"Well, contrary to your report, you are not ready to assemble the army. Continue the preparations. I do not expect to hear from you until we are fully armed." he paused. "And this...creature who murders the people of Lysander... Find it. If it does not join us, have it killed. Dismissed."
"Yes, my Lord." Torloth bowed curtly, as he made his exist, leaving the four archetypes alone with Cervantes.
Bloodsurge appeared in his gauntlets the usual way. The archetypes, trying their utmost not to show fear, unaware that Cervantes could read their fear anyway, stood deadly still. Cervantes then spoke.
"All that I am: anger, cruelty, hatred - I bestow upon you."
He stabbed Bloodsurge into the alter. Dark rays of energy hit each of the four archetypes with unfathomable speed, causing screams of agony. Their bodies contorted and twisted with horrible crunches as their bones grew, snapped and revamped themselves. Their skin ripped as their complexion darkened. And then their original forms were restored, the joints of their bodies still glowing with shadow magic. Cervantes spoke again. The intensity in his voice remained, but the ritual had weakened him.
"I have granted you demonic forms so that you may herald in a new, dark age for the world. Gaze now, upon those that would scurry like rats to undo my work. They are a blemish upon this world and must be shown the price of inferiority. You will command an army far greater than any power humans can muster. Now, go... your training has begun." And with that, Cervantes was gone.
Last edited by HowlinJimmyJefferson on June 30th, 2011, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay Zone