Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Assassin RP: The Purge

Sick of real-life? Be your favorite anime character, super hero or even made up character and destroy your foes (or just have a chat)!

Moderator: Greg

Postby Inuyashagogirl » May 30th, 2011, 7:47 am

Okay, my opinion is that there's still way too much going on. One of the reasons that the Eradication kind of disappeared was because I had absolutely no idea how they fit in anymore. If we want to keep this RP from a total confusing mess of collapse, I think we really need to narrow it down.

I think we should focus on the battle between the Hand, the Syndicate, and the Eradication and other networks, if we have any people in them. Also, I think we should edit out the whole archetypes thing to avoid all this confusion, since we can't all seem to decide what the archetypes should be. Also, the whole dark lord Cervantes thing. The whole time he was present in the last Rps I had no idea what his significance was, or if he was ever going to actually do something.

The purge and the battle between assassins makes sense to me. I think only a select few characters should be able to use magic, and it should be a pretty rare thing- before it seemed like everyone but Joe could teleport, create barriers, fly, freeze people, time travel, move between dimensions, or beat absolutely anyone because they were so ridiculously powerful.

So that's my opinion. We should limit it to the purge vs other attacks, magic is a very special and difficult to obtain skill that only a select few (like maybe odin, Ann, Rosaline and Neve) have control over, and the whole dark lord from another dimension thing and the archetypes are out. How does that sound?
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby javd26 » May 30th, 2011, 9:38 am

(I don't know about anyone else but it works for me. It was hard to come with ideas which was why I had to use Loki as a character, by taking Archtypes out of the picture all I would have to reply about is my two characters.)
javd26

Postby Coeur » May 30th, 2011, 12:37 pm

We need Cervantes, and his invasion, as that is the only reason for the existence of Paladin. But we could narrow it down to it just being demons. Stat. Some demons can be "Archetypes" or basically demon varients of characters, but there doesn't have to be an archetype for everyone.

My main worry is Ann, since I just don't know what is happening there. And without her doing anything, the entire Syndicate cannot move forward.

So here is the simple idea.

Four factions

Divine Hand
Eradication
Demons
Syndicate.

Demons and Divine Hand are allied. Syndicate needs to stop them. Eradication needs to stop them too. But Syndicate and Eradication hate each other.

Good enough?
But of all Pain, the greatest Pain.
It is to love, but love in vain.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » May 30th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Now I'm even more confused. If Cerventes is the only reason Paladin exists, why would the hand be allied with the demons?
I thought the Paladin's role was to just wipe out everything that opposed the church. I don't actually remember any mention of the Paladin only being around because of Cerventes, or even of them actually meeting. All I'm saying is that I think there's still just too much extra stuff going on.

Before and through the intro Dante made for this one, I thought that Paladin was supposed to come to Lysander, or whichever city it is, I forget, to clean it up so to speak, and get rid of all the corrupted, ie the assassins. I think that's a pretty clean and simple idea for an RP, and it would work well. I don't mind having the demons around either, actually, so long as we don't have to have it so that everyone has a copy of themselves that may or may not be evil depending on goodness knows what. I just feel like keeping Cerventes in will make this thing have two separate plots again, which generally isn't a good thing for an RP if you want to finish it.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » May 31st, 2011, 6:55 pm

(Just doing Hand vs Syndicate vs Eradication vs everyone storyline would be best I think.. means we're all focussed on one goal, and stuff doesn't fly away that we can't reel it back and keep under control. I remember Paladin not necessarily needing Cervantes for the Purge to happen, that was just how the Hand were gonna let it happen, no? SO, we shouldn't need to dip into the whole Archetype thing too heavily, 'less Howlin' wants to use Cervantes and then we just knock it on the head when things go awry?

And in answer to your question Coeur, Ann - and therefore the Syndicate - will be running fine.. since our Ann was replaced in Part II, new Ann can set the Syndicate's agenda in this: original Ann supporting the truce they originally had, and new Ann wanting to take the fight to the Hand etc.. so all will be well, do not worry.)
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby Coeur » May 31st, 2011, 8:34 pm

Keep in mind without Cervantes, Paladin, Lain AND Ellayne cannot work. Every single character of mine was based around the incursion. I'm half-arsed enough about this as it is without needing to think up a reason to re-write all my characters. :P

As for why they Paladin and Cervantes were allied? Jesus... Is there even any point me doing this, if nothing I write is written???
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 1st, 2011, 1:14 pm

Coeur, I just don't understand WHY you need Cervantes. You can do a purge without him. Besides, is Howlin even coming back?
Why don't we do what Dante said. Cerventes is in, but if the story gets to become out of hand again, we can just calm it back down. How does that sound?
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby Coeur » June 1st, 2011, 1:18 pm

Howlin is coming back

removed spoilers, whats left to spoil anymore....
Last edited by Coeur on June 1st, 2011, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coeur
Level 1 Guard

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 1st, 2011, 2:26 pm

Ookay, that makes more sense then. I just didn't get why he was important before. Well then, I have no more objections.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby DanteSilver » June 2nd, 2011, 4:28 am

(Right, right, that's fine, was unaware of the importance of the Archetype invasion to Paladin and the Hand. But since we're rewriting stuff, we can just ensure that it doesn't get carried away or anything?)
DanteSilver
White Knight

Postby MissMitsuki0524 » June 12th, 2011, 8:08 am

Well goodness gracious you guys. I hope I'm still allowed back with my characters. I know I have some (a lot) of reading to do to catch up but lol Misa is back! :)
MissMitsuki0524
Master of Masters

Postby BlackButler13 » June 13th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Can I join? Does it matter if we have a character from an anime?

Name: Hayate Blackblood
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Yellow
Nickname: the "Stay Cat"
History: Was abandend when he was old enough to fend for himself. his parents thought there was something odd about his eye color, so they called him a demon. Hayate lived on the streets most of his life. He woudl walk in bars and see posters for "Bounty's" so he would go after them with his lucky gun. He took it a step further and became an assassin. His assassin number is "13" or "XIII"
Personality: Despite the way he lives, Hayate is quite nice if your nice to him. He is easily angered, and highly dangerous if you make him angry. He's one of the best gunman known around the place he lives, and never misses a shot.
Crush: None
Girlfriend: None
Clothing: Hayate only wears the colors Black, Grey, Silver, and Dark Blue, they give him a sense of comfort. He doesn't wear anything bright. Tjhe only thing bright on him is his cat like eyes. He usually wears leather jackets, with his hair spiked up. His black hair covers his left eye. He has a stone pendent that glows blue in the night.
Picture: http://www.bishibooru.com/_images/69034 ... 0wings.jpg
If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere
even if your throne crumbles, and your shiny crown turns to rust
even if the bodies pile up endlessly, above the bottomless pile corpses
Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be
until i hear the words "check Mate" !
BlackButler13

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » June 19th, 2011, 6:58 pm

Inuyashagogirl wrote:Okay, my opinion is that there's still way too much going on. One of the reasons that the Eradication kind of disappeared was because I had absolutely no idea how they fit in anymore. If we want to keep this RP from a total confusing mess of collapse, I think we really need to narrow it down.

I think we should focus on the battle between the Hand, the Syndicate, and the Eradication and other networks, if we have any people in them. Also, I think we should edit out the whole archetypes thing to avoid all this confusion, since we can't all seem to decide what the archetypes should be. Also, the whole dark lord Cervantes thing. The whole time he was present in the last Rps I had no idea what his significance was, or if he was ever going to actually do something.

The purge and the battle between assassins makes sense to me. I think only a select few characters should be able to use magic, and it should be a pretty rare thing- before it seemed like everyone but Joe could teleport, create barriers, fly, freeze people, time travel, move between dimensions, or beat absolutely anyone because they were so ridiculously powerful.

So that's my opinion. We should limit it to the purge vs other attacks, magic is a very special and difficult to obtain skill that only a select few (like maybe odin, Ann, Rosaline and Neve) have control over, and the whole dark lord from another dimension thing and the archetypes are out. How does that sound?

(Not to sound obvious, but just to confirm Coeur's words, I am indeed coming back. In fact, I'm back right now. I apologise for my absence, I've been going through some stuff and haven't felt awfully creative. Now, onto business, so to speak.

This seems to have taken an interesting turn, and I definitely understand where you're coming from, Inu, but unfortunately, it's too late. By editing out the archetypes, you'd essentially be writing me out of the plot. I do agree that there's way too much going on and I do have issues with the way in which characters seem to be able to effortlessly use magic as if they're drinking it out of a bottle. It's a mess, but it's way too late to change it now. These are rules that should have been enforced (and stuck to) at the beginning of the RP. Too much has progressed now to pretend half of it simply never happened. If you all really want to change this all now, you might as well start the RP again.

Anyway, I'll attempt to explain my reasons behind my character and his motives.

Cervantes is a powerful dark magic user, but that's because he's also a Demon Lord, created purely to lead a kingdom of demons. Cynthia is only a magic user due to her resurrection by Cervantes and Juaze has no magic powers whatsoever. There were scares during his entrance that he was just going to be an overly powerful godmodded nutjob, so I had him take the role of raising an army with motivations to plunge the world into darkness instead. His demise was always inevitable (yeah, spoiler alert, but that doesn't really matter now). Neither him, nor his army is invincible.
His alliance with Paladin was, therefore, just the beginning of this plan, hence why it occurred at the end of part 2. It's a suitably large and important battle to end a trilogy on, no? Not sure how he was deemed insignificant, but I hope that clears things up. There's also a couple of other characters he's linked to, but hey, let's save something for the RP! :P)
Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Inuyashagogirl » June 19th, 2011, 7:21 pm

1. Mitsu: YESSSS! Welcome back! Of course, you are always welcome back, if we ever can get this started that is...

2. Howlin: Glad to hear back from you too! I don't know if you read our conversation after the post you quoted, but we were saying that we could turn the archetypes into just demons, some of which could be opposites of human characters, if the creators so chose.

And I have to disagree that it's too late to change things. Thats why we started a new thread to finish off the RP, so things could be tweaked that went horribly wrong in the last one. It would be a total waste to just drop this whole thing because of some flaws. I say we just kick out what didn't work, and keep it going. It's not like we're kicking people out of the story, just tweaking the things that have been making the story too complicated and overdone.
Inuyashagogirl
Legendary Master

Postby HowlinJimmyJefferson » June 20th, 2011, 5:30 am

(I did indeed read it. :) Think that's a good idea, since the idea of archetypes was never quite clear. Plus we can easily intertwine that with the story. Could be part of the ritual to join Cervantes/Paladin's army or something. Well, when I said "too late to change things", I meant huge things like pretending a character simply doesn't exist or that something huge never happened. Stuff like overuse of magic and everyone running around with lightning speed and ridiculously fast reflexes whilst wielding weapons the size of cars, can and should be easily tweaked. And by tweaked I mean ever so lightly nerfed.)
Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.
HowlinJimmyJefferson
Forums Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay Zone