Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Darker Times at Valcdor

Sick of real-life? Be your favorite anime character, super hero or even made up character and destroy your foes (or just have a chat)!

Moderator: Greg

Darker Times at Valcdor

Postby windangel106 » April 1st, 2011, 6:53 pm

The Setup=
In this magical world exists the city of Valcdor. It’s one of the more famous cities in the land. (the equivalent to what New York City is to Americans) Valcdor is the Royal City, in which the King lives. To the outsider, it seems like the perfect place to live. But there is a dark side to Valcdor. The city has a dirty secret. An underground society. Its an actual underground city, hidden from the sunlight, known as Gero-gero. Here slave trading, sex trafficking, stealing and gambling are ways of life and is run by powerful mobsters. Most, if not all, of the rich families’ money started in Gero-gero.
Everyone knows about Gero-gero and the horrors that happen there, but no one dares talks about it in proper society. Most just turn the other cheek. Although known, the underground is well hidden. The entrances change from time to time and it is heavily guarded. Since this dark world exist within the walls of Valcdor, there are basically 2 major social classes. The Kai, the upper class, live in the villas, and the Kui, the lower, usually live on the streets of the Valcdor or in Gero-gero.

Valcdor=

Valcdor’s residential side is full of beautiful villas and grand mansions surrounded by green rolling hills. The actually city side of Valcdor has the look of a 1800’s European town. (Stone buildings and stone streets…etc.) Many of the Kui live in the ally ways of the city, or in small "apartments" given to them by the king. The King’s Castle is built on a hill that over looks the city. Very European. Also the ideals of marriage, motherhood, and love are also the ones of the 1800. So girls married young and had babies young.

Gero-gero=
It literary means “revolting.” Its basically a dark huge room full of different stalls where objects, substances, and people are sold. The shadest of the shade work here. The only way to connect the underground to the outside world is by special teleportation entrances. As I said before, the entrances change from time to time. The passwords also change and each entrance is guarded by 4 guards.

The conflict=
A new king has just come into power, King Rinou. After his father was murdered, Rinou has become paranoid and thinks anyone that disagrees with him is completely against him and is trying to kill him. But he is determined to prove himself. So Rinou decides to rid his city of the evil Gero-gero. However, little does he know, this decision is turning more against him than with him. The kai don’t know where to turn. Their money comes from the underground, so they obviously don’t want it to go away but it means certain death to go against the king. Still some brave Kai send out informants to keep the Gero-gero leaders a few steps ahead. This has worked fine until recently. The king has just sent out special agents with skills beyond any comprehension. Their orders are simple- find anyone looking suspicious (basically anyone from the Kui), and take them to a secret dungeon. The agents were to find out everything that person knew about the location of Gero-gero and then kill them. People have been missing around Valcdor. Men, women, even children. The king is getting closer and closer everyday. There is a small hope building in the Kui. A resistance has been formed but it is fairly new and isn’t very powerful yet.

What makes this world magic=
The beings in this world look like humans, but this is a magical world of elements. Every person in this world has control over some element. There are 10 elemental groups. In addition, each element power has a special ability.

Elemental groups=
Fire, Water, Grass, Thunder, Earth, Air, Ice, Metal, Light, and Dark.

Details of each power=

Fire-
Ability to control, generate or absorb fire
Attacks distributed from the mouth
Special Ability - able to sense and recognize other’s powers
Strong to grass, ice, and metal
Weak to water, air, and dark

Water-
Ability to control, generate or absorb water.
Attacks distributed from the hands
Special Ability – Able to heal themselves and others
Strong to fire and earth
Weak to metal, thunder and dark

Grass-
Ability to control, manipulate or animate plant life.
Manipulated with the mind
Special Ability - able to react faster than normal during fighting
Strong to metal and earth
Weak to fire, ice, and dark

Thunder-

Ability to control, generate or absorb electric bolts
Attacks distributed from the forearms and hands
Special Ability – Able to create force fields
Strong to water, and metal
Weak to earth, ice, and dark

Earth-
Ability to control earth; sand, stone, rock, dirt, or other minerals
Manipulated with the feet (much like earthbenders)
Special Ability – able to run at high speeds
Strong to thunder and metal
Weak to water, air, and dark

Air-
Ability to control, generate, or absorb air/wind.
Attacks distributed from the hands
Special Ability – Able to become invisible when performing magic
Strong to fire, and ice
Weak to earth, metal, and dark

Ice-
Ability to control generate or absorb ice.
Attacks distributed from the fist
Special Ability – able to teleport themselves and others anywhere
Strong to grass, thunder, and metal
Weak to fire, air and dark

Metal-
Ability to control or manipulate any kinds of metal into any shape thought of.
Manipulated with the hands
Special Ability – able to absorb power from other objects when the owner is weak.
Strong to air and water
Weak to fire, grass, thunder, ice, and dark

Light-
Ability to manipulate light energy into powerful beams
Attacks distributed from the heart
Special Ability – able to stop time for brief periods.
Strong to Dark
Weakness unknown (see power notes)

Dark-
Ability to manipulate shadows into powerful beams, which can cancel the powers of the victim depending on the concentration of the beam.
Attacks distributed from forehead
Special Ability - able transport through shadows
Strong to fire, water, grass, thunder, earth, air, ice, and metal
Weak to Light

Power Notes=
~Since grass, earth, and metal are not generated within the body, they can only be manipulated. So if they are not around, the person can’t perform magic.
~Because of the previous note, people who have control over metal usually carry a small amount of metal with them, for example, metal accessories(earrings, chains, etc), so they can form them into weapons.
~The people in the Light group are very rare and are most hunted since they are strong against Dark types
~All of the special agents have Dark powers.
~ Ice beings are the beings that change the entrances to Gero-gero.
~ even though Light beings have no weakness, their attacks uses up so much of their power that they must sleep for hours after using it.

Notes on me=
I am OBSESSED with romance in rpgs (Hint! Hint!)
I am also dyslexic, so please excuse me if i misspell words.
I am from the deep south so when my characters talk, the speech will most likely contain southern slang…
Also being on a college internet connection, I can’t see any Photobucket pictures so I would really appreciate it if yall could find pictures of your character from other sites. Thanks
I also don’t have a plan for where this story is going to go so I just plan to rpg and find out on the way.
If you have questions or comments, please pm me
Last edited by windangel106 on April 1st, 2011, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windangel106
Level 1 Guard

Postby windangel106 » April 1st, 2011, 7:16 pm

My characters –
Name: Nemu (Nay-mu)
Sex: Female
Class: Kui
Element Group: Thunder
Appearance:Nemu has long black hair. Her skin is a pale tone and she has brilliant dark red eyes. She is on the shorter side of the height meter. she wears a plain black fitted tank top and short blue-jean skirt with chains on the belt loops with black combat boots.
Personality:Due to years on the streets, she is very harsh. She is quiet and never smiles. Nemu will fight whenever she feels threaten but under that rough exterior, she is just a young girl who longs to be loved.
Bio: The streets is the only home Nemu has ever known. She was left on the steps of an orphanage when she was just 2 years old, she almost have no memory of her life before she was left. She hated it there and ran away at the age of 10. Since then, she has worked for her food doing whatever job she could get. She refused to turn to Gero-gero for work, which is a very common option for young girls. After 9 years of saving, she finally has enough money to rent a small 1 room apartment which she shares with another girl. Nemu works as a gofer at a bakery shop, which she hates but money is money. Nemu has also developed a smoking habit. She was only happy once in her life, when she was involved with a man whom she loved. His name was Satoshi and he loved her back. There was even a promise of marriage. But one of the king’s agents got a hold of him, taking him to the infamous dungeon. Nemu was actually pregnant with Satoshi’s child at one time but the shock and sadness brought on by his capture caused her to lose the baby. After that, she developed amnesia, and although she has frequent flashbacks, she doesn't remember anything about those years except that she was happy. That was 2 years ago and she can't help but feel that something is missing in her life. Today Nemu is just trying to live her life one day at a time.

Name: Kiya (key-a)
Sex:Female
Class:Kui
Element Group:Earth
Appearance: Kiya has bright red hair. She has medium toned skin and dark blue eyes. she's curvy and tall and always wears a white tank top and khaki shorts and silver gladiator sandles.
Personality:Kiya is known to be extremely beautiful and she knows it. She is sarcastic and speaks her minds. She loves to tease men, almost as much as she likes alcohol. Kiya is the only friend of Nemu and their bond has grown into one of sisters.
Bio: Kiya is a bastard child who was sold into sex trafficking very young. She basically grew up in the Gero-Gero which molded her into a realist. When she turned 16, Kiya was sold to a much older man. Naturally she assumed he had an Lolita complex. But to her surprise, the man freed her without even a single meeting between them. This rarely happens in the sex slave trading industry. Kiya still doesn’t know who or why they freed her. Today, she is the roommate of Nemu and works in a retail shop as a sewing girl. She is a part of the secret resistance and often attends secretly nightly meeting.
Last edited by windangel106 on April 5th, 2011, 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windangel106
Level 1 Guard

Postby KeKe » April 2nd, 2011, 8:50 am

Name: goes by the name Kiran (real name is Lucien Kenna)
Sex:male
Class: ex-kai
Element Group: Fire w/ special propreties
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=zefair& ... &offset=24 the one labled :: Autum :: if you can't see the pic
Last edited by KeKe on April 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KeKe

Postby Grimtotem » April 2nd, 2011, 11:43 am

Name: Ashlyn Wulf
Sex: Female
Class: Kai
Element Group: Ice
Personality: Ash is rather quiet, seeming to constantly listen to music on her headphones. It's mostly music and broadcasted news. She liked to travel and is often seen walking the less wealthy parts and buying food from them.
Bio: Ash is the heiress to a very very wealthy manor. Her parents had died with no male heir so she took that she and now lives a very comfortable lifestyle. Has many many connections to the lower world and that is where she makes the majority of her income.
Appearence.:
Grimtotem
Forums Enthusiast

Postby windangel106 » April 4th, 2011, 6:35 am

i'm very glad yall are interested. I will start the rpg sometime this week. but i'm gonna wait a few more days to see if anyone else wants to join.
windangel106
Level 1 Guard

Postby Shinsei » April 4th, 2011, 2:44 pm

STILL EDITING

Name: Eiji
Sex: Male
Class: Ex-kui
Element Group: Air
Personality: Is normally dark and often negative, yet can surprise people by actually being generous and caring.
Bio: Eiji was born in the shadows of gero-gero, his mother was single and refused to tell anyone who the father was. So Eiji lived with his single mother for 6 years, in that 6 years he picked up basic skills for survival such as how to steal, and lie. After 6 years how ever his other just simply disappeared, from that point on for 2 years Eiji was left on his own forced to either dwell on the past and die or to survive, he chose the latter it was then that he started to fight to protect everything he had and everything he was.
When he was 8 Eiji was jumped by a group of older boys, a bright white light enveloped the area and in a flash the people that were just beating on him were gone and in their place a man in a black hood with a smile the man held out his hand, the next thing he said was one Eiji would never forget "come and live, or stay and die" Eiji grabbed ahold of his hand and a new chapter in his life began.
The man was a 'father' of 12, well not a father but he wondered around with his family 'adopting' thoes without a family. Most of thoes apart of this family were gifted with some type of power and their father trained all of them to harness said power to make it their own. Eiji was more or less an outcast for being the youngest of the group yet he soon brefrended a kid who was older only by a day, Eiji and this boy soon became like brothers throughout the rest of their training and life together as a 'family'.
After nearly 5 years of being with the family the 'father' was executed. He had been found out as a rebel working to organize an army to overtake valcdor, in that process a small unit was sent to exterminate the roots of the army in other words the children who were being trained. That same day the unit came to the place of the 'family' and began slaughtering them merciously the eldest of the 'family' stood up against the unit to give the younger ones time to escape. Even though they were extremly skilled in their magical ways they lacked actual experience and were easily taken out taking only 1 or 2 of the unit for every 3 of the family lost. Within the death and confussion Eiji and his brother were split up from the remainder of the family and were fowlled justly by a few members of the unit, after a few minutes of running they were cornered Eiji's brother stopped and turned around while Eiji himself closed his eyes and began to cry, a few seconds later it became quiet and a hand was put onto Eiji's shoulder his brother was covered in blood and smiling.
After that day Eiji and his brother stuck together looking for remainding members of the 'family' but within 2 years of constant search they didnt find anyone, and were constantly attacked by small units which they easily exposed of. Soon however Eiji got tired of that life and talked to his brother about leaving it for something better, his brother scolded him and they got into a fight which eventually ended up in Eiji leaving Gero-Gero and coming up with a false identity upon valcdor, he took up the job of a paid bodyguard, assassin or anything to really make money, but most of the time he simply sticks to his roots stealing.

Appearance:
http://img2.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire ... _large.jpg
Last edited by Shinsei on April 7th, 2011, 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shinsei

Postby Shinsei » April 4th, 2011, 2:59 pm

*Delete*
Shinsei

Postby windangel106 » April 5th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Extra Note on Powers
Whenever anyone uses their special abilities, their eyes glow a certain color depending on the element they control. **This is only when they use their special abilities, they look normal when they use their actual powers.**
Fire - Red
Water - Blue
Grass - Green
Thunder - Yellow
Earth - Orange
Air - Purple
Ice - Cyan
Metal - Silver
Dark - Black
Light - White
Last edited by windangel106 on April 6th, 2011, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windangel106
Level 1 Guard

Postby windangel106 » April 5th, 2011, 12:24 pm

The streets were alive with action, which was usual at this time of day. A girl walked through the crowd. Her shiny red hair glowed in the sunlight and a paper bag was clutched in her hand. She made her way to their usual spot. Soon she stopped right before an alleyway and poked her head out to see if she was late again. A single figure was alone in the alley, a dark-haired girl standing against a wall who was smoking a cigarette and glazing up at the sky. “You’re late, again.” The girl said in her monotone voice and without diverting her stare.
She smiled, entered the alley and leaned up against the opposite wall, “Does that really surprise you?” She reached in her bag, pulled out a beer, and opened it, “Ya know, you really are a weird chick, Nemu.” She brought the chilled drink up to her lips, drinking a big gulp down.
Nemu turned her eyes toward her company. “I was just thinking. It might seem weird to you since you don’t do that much, Kiya.” She blew a cloud of smoke into the air.
Kiya almost choked on her drink, “Excuse me but I think plenty. It’s the way you do it that weird.” Then a huge cheesy smile came over her face, “But you love me, so It doesn’t matter what I say to you. So how is work today?”
Nemu tapped her cig, “Nothing special, same old, same old. You?”
Kiya took another sip, “Oh! This bitch of a boss put me on double sewing duty tonight. So I will be home late.”
Nemu glazed back up at the sky, “What did you do this time.”
Kiya shugged, “She happen to find some more of my beer in the shop. The other girls drink, she just hates me.”
Nemu looked back at her, “you are just the only one that takes her drinks to work. Besides don’t you have a meeting tonight?” she looked back up.
Kiya finished off the beer, “No meetings tonight. We have to find more meeting places, the authorities are starting to catch on to the usual places we meet. ”
Nemu, still looking up at the sky, “Have you ever just wanted to fly away, from everything and everyone. To forget the past and just have the future.”
Kiya looked down. She never liked this dreamer talk which her roommate was so fond of using, “I think everyone feels like that at one point in their lifes, but we can’t think like that cause it will never happen no matter how much we want it.” She had a look of sadness on her face.
Then a loud bell rang, the sound spread all over the city. 3 times it repeated itself. Both Kiya and Nemu looked at each other. “Well” Kiya crushed the can and threw it in a nearby garbage can, “time to return to hell.” She smirked and headed back down the street. “See ya later.” She waved back.
Nemu straighten up, took one last puff and stomped out her cig. The bakery she worked at was the building she was leaning up against in the alley. A cheery bell rang as she opened the door, but the mood inside was anything but.
“ ‘bout time ya got back.” An unfriendly voice rang out. A large older man approached her, “You know ya ‘posed a be back 5 minutes before the clock ri…” He stopped and smelt the air around her. His face turned red and a sour expression came over it. “You have been smokin again! What have I told you about those damn cigarettes. The smoke overpowers the fresh bread and we lose customers!” The man reared back and slapped her face. The impact was so hard that Nemu actually stumbled. Usually, Nemu would attack back, but she needed this job. She has lost so many other jobs due to her temper. So she just took the abuse without a word. Then the cheery bell rang again as a customer entered the shop.
((Anyone can insert their character here. I just thought it was a good way to start the different characters interacting.))
windangel106
Level 1 Guard

Postby KeKe » April 5th, 2011, 12:49 pm

(still havent got around to my characters background, but thought id mention, he both fire and light, and i am going to make it work so he isnt particularly over powered, but i haven't worked it out how i want it in my head yet lol.)
KeKe

Postby Grimtotem » April 5th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Ashlyn had been wandering around for a long time, the constant music and newscastings playing loudly through her headphones. They were attached to a small device that snagged signals from the various radio programs. Sometimes though..every once in a while she would catch a channel rebels were using to send short, cryptic messages. Everytime she caught one, she wrote it down but never turned them in. They were clipped together in a backpack slung over her shoulder. The rest of her outfit was less then impressive, much like herself. She was small and petite, almost all leg her father use to tell her. Her pale purple hair was kept short, a style that she liked. Her clothes consisted of a black dress with a bodice like top and short skirt that skimmed the top of her thigh-high leather boots. Around her wrists were black leather cuffs, two pieces very special to her.
Ashlyn eventually headed deeper into the city to her favorite bakery, standing right outside a moment and then pushing the door open.
She loved that little bell that rang.
What she saw inside, however, pissed her off greatly. She slid her headphones down around her neck and glared at the angry baker. "I suggest..." She said icily, the rims of her lavender irises starting to glow cyan in color, "You learn to treat your employees better or I will take my business to another bakery."
Ashlyn went to this bakery a lot, she loved the breads and the smells and the designs and sweets made here. She was one of his best customers.
Grimtotem
Forums Enthusiast

Postby windangel106 » April 6th, 2011, 2:03 pm

The owner was too angry to realize who was talking to him. "Why don't ya mind your own business, ya lit..." He stopped as his heart shank when he recognized the wealthy customer, and doing so, he feel to his knees. "Oh Ms Wulf, I was unaware you saw anything, but this girl...she...well, the truth is, she isn't fit to work in a bakery. She smokes and the smoke changes the taste of our wonderful bread. I apologize that you had to see my anger take the better of me."
In his typical fashion, he never said that he was sorry that he hit Nemu, just that a customer saw it. She never faced the girl who might have saved her life. Nemu had seen his man take lifes of his workers so that his shop, and more importantly his wealth, would benefit. She straighten up and walked to the back of the shop without saying a word.
While all this was going on, a young girl, an obvious relation to the shop owner, stood silently watching from behind the counter. But when she saw this rude behavior, her silence broke. "Nemu." Her voice was firm but understanding. She stopped walking, and the girl continued, "Please greet our guest properly." Nemu shifted her eyes over to the girl. She had her father's coloring but her happy dispostion must have come from her mother. Nemu turned and faced Ashlyn, bowed and said, "Welcome to the shop, and thank you for your interference, but I can handle myself." She said coldy. Then turned and walked into the part of the bakery where they cooked everything, away from the public, where she belonged.
The young girl smiled at Ashlyn, "Thats the closest thing to a thank you you'll get out of her. Nemu can be very harsh at times. Please forgive her." She gave a little bow. The owner stood back up and dusted off his clothes.
windangel106
Level 1 Guard

Postby Shinsei » April 6th, 2011, 4:45 pm

The owner of a small shop is seen running out of his store looking both ways before spotting what he was looking for "Wait!" the shop owner runs down the street towards a man with longish purple hair constantly telling him to 'wait'. With in little time at all the shop owner caught up to the guy in with purple hair who was walking and grabbed his shoulder "You have to pa-" he stopped midway as the guy turned his head to face him his eyes a bright purple color, in that instance a gust of wind came from the purple haired man causing the shop owner and anyone near by to back up covering their face from dirt and sand, within that time the purple haired man had disappeared the only thing left being that of a small spinning 'vortex' of dirt and sand which quickly dispersed back onto the ground.
Up in the air above the scene the purple haired man sat suspnded in midair looking down, he pulled out a locket and looked at it "Not it..." he sighed and then dropped it, it moved like a falling leaf as it made its way down towards the shop keeper and landed around his neck gently. With that the man layed down in the air and looked up at the sky, reaching his right hand up he pretended to grab the clouds "One day..." he smiled "one day soon..."
Shinsei

Postby Grimtotem » April 7th, 2011, 10:03 am

Ash nods and calls out to the girl as she left. "You should quit your job, I'm always in need of bodyguards and runners."

That said, she turned to the baker's daughter and smiled. "Oh don't worry about it dearest, I'm sure your father will get some sense knocked into him eventually." Ash considered the girl for a moment. "I'll need several loaves of cheese bread and maybe a tray of cupcakes." Ashlyn said with a laugh and thoroughly ignored the baker. "I need to head outside, I'll be back in a moment while you get what I need."
And with a flash of Cyan eyes, she had dissappeared and reappeared...

Somewhere in the sky.

Ash looked confused for a second, then began to plummet towards the ground. Of course, she began screaming and reaching through her head to teleport again but she was just too terrified.

Oh god I'm going to die! Not again!
Grimtotem
Forums Enthusiast

Postby windangel106 » April 7th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Nemu heard Ashlyn's request but was doubtful. Even though she hated her job, it was stable. She couldn't think for too much longer as her boss told her to get the order ready. She got to work.

Kiya was taking her time walking to work when she heard a girl screaming. She stopped and looked in all directions until she finally realized the scream was coming from above her. Kiya looked up to see a girl falling to, what would be, her death. Kiya had to do something, so she ran into the middle of the street, directly below where the girl was falling. She traced a circle on the stones with her foot, then she stomped in the middle of it. A column of stone shot up with Kiya standing on it, preparing herself to catch the girl. She bent her knees and the girl fell into her arms. As soon as the girl was safe, the column sank back into the ground.
Kiya placed the girl on the sidewalk. "What happened to you? How did you get up there?"
windangel106
Level 1 Guard

Next

Return to Roleplay Zone