Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Video freezes and takes browser down with it.

Post all your problems with episodes not working, or not loading. Let us know!

Moderator: Greg

Video freezes and takes browser down with it.

Postby nsamok6620 » September 8th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Although there is a thread by someone else having the same problem, it was not resolved (or it was and the OP did not make that clear) if the later is true it doesn't matter because the proposed solution is not possible for me.

My issue: The video will freeze at random times in multiple animes. However, The sound will keep going. At first I thought it was an issue with it being full screen, but it does it in the small windowed mode as well. Sometimes it will only freeze for a second, sometimes it will freeze for several minutes. In either case it makes watching the show difficult, especially if it is something that is subbed.

While this is happening I can not click on anything else on the page. If I try the browser will stop responding and I will have to close it.

I am using Google chrome and watching the media in the Silverlight. The proposed solution in the before mentioned thread was to use Windows Media Player. This is not possible for me since when prompted to download the plugin I am met with a message that states, "The version of Chrome you are using (37.0.2062.103) is NOT compatible with this plugin." So my only option is to use Silverlight. But I don't see how that could be a problem because that is the same thing that Netflix uses and I never have a problem with that.

Additionally I have looked over the help section and it gave me no help at all.

I hope that a solution can be found because even though I just recently found this site I really like it. It is well organised and has, from the looks of it, a very large selection of anime, both subbed and dubbed. But with the current situation it is pretty much impossible to watch anything without getting considerably frustrated from constantly having to wait, back up, and watch (or rather listen) to the same scene again, and then repeat the process five minutes later.

Thank you in advance,\

-Nick
nsamok6620

Re: Video freezes and takes browser down with it.

Postby Bassam » September 11th, 2014, 4:56 pm

HI Nick,

Do you have Internet Explorer? No plugin will be needed for Windows Media Player on it. Also Have you tried to use Firefox? I use it and the WMP plugin for it works perfectly fine without any problems. So if you decided to try firefox, please let me know and I can help. Our help section does have help on some complication that sometimes happen after installing the plugin.

Also you should know that all new media and a decent amount of older anime, are using a new player. If you use our advanced search & choose mobile friendly anime, you will get only anime that works with our newest HTML-5 player.
Bassam
King

Postby nsamok6620 » September 11th, 2014, 6:39 pm

After dusting off IE and going to the site, Windows Media Player seems to work.

I'd like to say though, that is hardly a solution. "The AC in my car doesn't work, what should I do?" "Drive your other car."
nsamok6620

Postby Bassam » September 13th, 2014, 11:53 am

Well browsers are free and it was the easiest way without troubling you to download plugins and change browser configurations.

Technologies change and what once was vastly supported all over the web, has started to become unsupported. Which is why we are changing from windows media video to MP4 video with HTML-5. I explained in previous reply how to obtain that content.

If you do not wish to use Explorer for older/unconverted content, you will need to download firefox. Once you have it installed you will need to do the following (Also mentioned in our help section).

Download/Install plugin: http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows ... nload.aspx

After that restart browser and try watching content, if Firefox does not prompt you to activate the plugin, you will need to follow these instructions:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wi ... b=a&as=aaq

After this you should be able to use Chrome with the Windows Media Player Plugin. Chrome has some dependencies on firefox that we do not quite understand. We believe the plugin was designed fore forefox and Chrome simply used it.
Bassam
King

Return to Media / Video Problems