Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Cardcaptor Sakura not dubbed

Have questions, problems, or comments on Anime Crave? Post here and talk with anime crave staff members.

Moderator: Greg

Cardcaptor Sakura not dubbed

Postby Bassam » May 2nd, 2011, 7:20 pm

Some users wonder why this isn't dubbed, so I created this topic to explain the reason. Also this is for members to discuss this if they wish.

This series was not put up in english dubs. This was due to the english version not having a lot of the episodes not dubbed. There was also a lot of parts that were cut out.
Bassam
King

here's why

Postby manuel_labor » June 2nd, 2012, 7:07 pm

This is all due to a licensing issue. When the US company bought the license to cardcaptor sakura and released card captors (which had been chopped up, played out of order, and dubbed with different dialog and thus is not a true dub) they bought exclusive rights to an english dub version in the US. A dub version was released on animax asia but it's not regularly available as it was broadcast on an anime channel and not ever released on dvd that I can find.

Until someone buys the english dub US rights back from Nelvana who owns card captors there will not be an official US dub version of the original anime.

In my opinion it would be doing a disservice to the original series to add cardcaptors due to the huge changes made in the series.
manuel_labor

Postby Bassam » June 28th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Thanks for clearing it up even further manuel_labor!
Bassam
King

Return to Help