Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Media buffers (loading slowly) or connection interrupted

Have questions, problems, or comments on Anime Crave? Post here and talk with anime crave staff members.

Moderator: Greg

Media buffers (loading slowly) or connection interrupted

Postby Bassam » September 30th, 2007, 6:57 pm

Sometimes because of your connection or perhaps it was a problem with the server at that time, media will load slowly. The best thing to do in those cases is to pause the episode for several minutes and letting it load. You can also open multiple tabs so you can load more then one episode at the same time.

Now some of you are probably wondering what you should do if your internet is slower then usual or slow period.

-If your internet is slow then you might want to call your ISP and upgrade to something else if you can afford it. Cable internet in my experience has always been far faster then DSL. If you can't afford an upgrade then all you can do is watch Low Quality media unless you don't mind waiting. You can always check your internet speed by going to http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ (Be sure to select the closest location to you). If you get anything lower then the result below then you may encounter buffering:

Download Speed: 3959 kbps (494.7KB/sec transfer rate)

-If your internet is just slower then usual then you might want to try unplugging your router and/or modem. In a lot of cases it just needs to be reset. Sometimes you may just need to reboot you computer as it also might be a cause of slower speeds.

If you are ever disconnected for even a second your connection to the media will be interrupted, when that happens you have to start the episode from the very beginning. However because we are always trying to make Anime Crave better that is about to change. Nearly half of our medias playback has been changed. Some of you may be asking changed how? Well you will not have to wait for the entire episode to load to go to the point you were at. All you have to do is move the seek bar to the point you stopped and the episode will load from there.

If you need any further help or of there was something that was not covered here please be sure to visit the help section. If you still need help please visit the contact page and send us an email.
Bassam
King

Postby spider13 » November 18th, 2008, 6:47 pm

in fighting spirit episodes 48 the opening of ac just repeat over and over
spider13

Postby monotol » December 15th, 2008, 10:43 am

I have a 16Mbps internet connection and yet the video still loads slowly. You guys need to update your servers. If you're going to charge people then you have to give them a good service. I don't mind paying, but now I feel ripped off because I can't watch what I want to watch when I want to.
monotol

Postby monotol » December 15th, 2008, 12:06 pm

I was just thinking, if updating your servers is too difficult, perhaps it would be better to split the videos into parts so that they can load quicker. You have to watch it in parts, sure, but I think that's better than having to wait for ages for the video to load.
monotol

Postby Bassam » December 20th, 2008, 2:47 pm

Hello Monto,

Of course we have to give people good service, its very rare when someone actually has a legit case of bad speeds. It is usually their network or their location. The servers are in PA and the further away you are the worse it gets but anyone in most of North America should have no problems as there is enough speed to allow them a constant stream. Do me a favor and show me the results from http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and try the Washington DC one and let me know what results you get.
Bassam
King

Postby BlackLion » January 27th, 2009, 11:31 pm

I am having the same issue as Monotol. I am in California and it takes me forever. One would think that my internet in general is slow, but it's a cable connection and fast enough for me to stream videos off of other websites (i.e. Crunchyroll, Animes.tv) and still play Xbox live without issue. I did a speed test on the Washington D.C. server not running anything else but Utawarerumono and got :
Last Result:
Download Speed: 8039 kbps (1004.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1858 kbps (232.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Trying to go off of the L.A. server was even faster. However it will take all night to load one episode. I am using Safari and a Mac, is that a problem? I even set my router up to put my computer in the DMZ so no firewalls would interfere with my streaming from this site but it is still slow. I have literally been downloading episode 11 of Utawarerumono for the last 2 hours and still am not done.
BlackLion

Postby KeKe » January 28th, 2009, 8:27 am

Not entirely sure if this is affecting anything, but the upgrades to IPv6 could (doubful though) be affecting stuff. I used to get over what the rated speeds were per serise. but now days I get bad connections. it will load around 3000 kbps and randomly drop to 500 or so but then its back up. having a 16mbps connection really doesnt mean much. thats the theoretical ammount you get. Rarely will you ever get that. the fact that you know how many mbps your rated you probably know a good deal of networking. thus you should understand that it isn't always the servers issues for bad downloads.
KeKe

Return to Help