Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

HTML 5 Player Overrides Other Players, no fullscreen

Have questions, problems, or comments on Anime Crave? Post here and talk with anime crave staff members.

Moderator: Greg

HTML 5 Player Overrides Other Players, no fullscreen

Postby Mary_Greenman » February 19th, 2015, 10:17 pm

So, I've got an issue where the html5 player seems to be overriding the format that actually allows fullscreen. I checked to see if this worked the same browser in all formats, and it's the same on chrome, firefox and Safari.

I have Silverlight installed.

I have Silverlight listed as my default player.

I have a live subscription account (for 2 months instead of one).

I'm also using a Macbook Pro, 2010 version which is running the latest software available. Any thoughts? I'd really, really prefer to be able to watch these videos in full screen. :(
Mary_Greenman

Re: HTML 5 Player Overrides Other Players, no fullscreen

Postby Mary_Greenman » February 19th, 2015, 10:55 pm

APPARENTLY YOU CAN'T EDIT YOUR OWN POSTS SO I'M RESPONDING TO MY OWN. AND I'M MAD.

So I was trying to troubleshoot the freaking account, to at least get a full screen button. I tried changing to a windows media player and now the forsaken thing WILL NOT change back to silverlight. NOTHING IS WORKING and I feel like I just spent $10 on BS. :x :x :x :x
Mary_Greenman

Postby Mary_Greenman » February 21st, 2015, 8:22 pm

I dunno what you guys did, but it appears to have worked? I can now right click on the html 5 player, and have managed to get a method working through Safari. All the other browsers (at least on a mac) appear to be incompatible.
Mary_Greenman

Postby Bassam » February 23rd, 2015, 3:41 pm

Hello Mary,

The html-5 player will become the new default for all new content. Only older content is using WMP/Silverlight. But even those are slowly being switched as well.

The player will have a full screen option to the bottom right hand corner. Can you show a screen shot of what you see? It should be there, and we will do everything we can to help you get to the bottom of why you don't see it.
Bassam
King

Postby Mary_Greenman » February 26th, 2015, 12:33 am

Hi Bassam,
Sorry for overreacting before. I was just incredibly frustrated with the situation. I don't have the option for full screen, however when I right click while the video is playing I can switch to full screen there. I've included a screen shot below of what I typically see from an HTML 5 video.

As you can see, there is no option to go to full screen.
Mary_Greenman

Postby Bassam » February 27th, 2015, 9:24 am

This helps resolve the problem, the full screen box is below the total time of the video. This sometimes happens when the zoom is altered onto the page. Perhaps you can use another browser as well, Safari doesn't work very well with the site so Firefox could be a good alternative.
Bassam
King

Return to Help