Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Ikkitousen!

Curious as to what Animes are being released soon? dubbed soon? or even about new Anime titles gaining popularity fast? Learn all the Anime News possible here as far as release dates and Animes currently being worked on and dubbed.

Moderator: Greg

Ikkitousen!

Postby Curt » December 10th, 2006, 4:18 am

I'll not deny that this is one of the worst fighting arch-type anime ever. But BOY, is this anime an eye pleasant fest!

So instead of rating it by its downfalls, I'm going to rate if based on its merits.

Allright, this is how you work ecchi!

The background story revolves around 4 or 5 high schools fighting eachother for turf supremicy I guess. Many of the characters have their destiny taken from generals of the three kingdoms era of china. Sounds pretty stupid, and it is, but we're not watching ecchi for a good story =)

HOT girls with huge tits wearing half-unbuttoned shirts that are 2-3 sizes to small beating the crap out of eachother. Thats why we're watching this!

Like i already said, the girls are stacked, the lesbian scenes are hot, and the fighting is all over the place.

If you're looking for ecchi that isnt your typical harem style ecchi, watch this! Just remember, this anime is geared heavily towards those who like fanservice: when I say that some kind of perverted shot is shown every fifteen seconds, I'm not exaggerating fellow perverts. There's also a lot of humor within the character interactions - while not always subtle or high-brow, the comedic elements are pretty funny for the most part. Don't take this anime too seriously; it'll leave you disappointed because of its disorganized plot and stale character development. This is really the main catch: the art is decent, character designs (visual) are interesting, and the fanservice is pleasing. But the lack of any recognizable storyline will make it difficult to watch episode after episode. However, if you are willing to put story elements aside, go ahead and check out Ikkitousen for a few laughs and consistent fanservice.

So what does this incredibly long(Not?) and tiring review say in conclusion? If not for material bordering on hentai territory and the excessive fan service, I would have recommended this title for Tenjho Tenge, and Naruto fans. But since many of those people are under 18, the scope is now for a narrower audience like, say, people who watch Lime-Iro Senkitan (and I know that Jennifer feels very sorry for you). There's also lots of street-fighting violence, blood, gore and all the stuff you'd expect from watching Fist of the North Star.

Ikki Tousen is an PANTY SHOT!! entertaining fighting title of PANTY SHOTS!! If you can tolerate the PANTY SHOTS!! fan service, the icky scenes, and are (of course) over 16. PANTY SHOT!!. Watch this, PANTY SHOT!

Verdict:7.0/10(Add a point if you absolutely Love, Worship, and Adore fan service, or subtract two if you don't. Subtract another if you don't like hentai scenes as well.
Curt
Knight

Postby nsk1982 » December 10th, 2006, 10:31 am

I can't believe it took you this long to see it, lol.....You know you liked how many times during the fights Hakufu's t-shirt kept getting ripped off and all the girls with huge tits, lol. The story line though was on a downside.
nsk1982
Alpha Soldiers

Postby Curt » December 10th, 2006, 12:14 pm

nsk1982 wrote:I can't believe it took you this long to see it, lol.....You know you liked how many times during the fights Hakufu's t-shirt kept getting ripped off and all the girls with huge tits, lol. The story line though was on a downside.

For some strange reason, the 13th episode would not torrent in its entirety, even though it had the seeders to do so. Had watched the first 12episodes about one year back, and had finally decided to watch the thirteenth just recently. "Lamest Ending Ever"; Just listen to me when I say only watch up to episode 12. Then STOP!!!!! Whomever made 13 just went Hey we ran out of money so lets put Episode 24 into Episode 13 and cut and paste the last 4 characters with some screen shots! (I'm not kidding). On the bright side, the clothes shredding was pretty Hot, along with any other form of fan-service they had used.

Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny(The Sequel) Is set to release on 2007-02... I would not be dissapointed if it was just a bunch of pointless clothes shredding, cat fights, and panty/bra shots. Lets just hope the action sequences become more intrigueing. Also, expect more big breasted girls that are better animated. Four year's will do wonders in that department.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=7214
Curt
Knight

Postby Camander_Bun_Bun » January 3rd, 2007, 2:01 pm

Well..I kinda like panty shots...
Camander_Bun_Bun
Master Apprentice

Postby Stan » March 19th, 2007, 5:45 pm

I can't believe it took you this long to see it, lol.....You know you liked how many times during the fights Hakufu's t-shirt kept getting ripped off and all the girls with huge tits, lol. The story line though was on a downside.

those tits will be blurred here though -.-.
Stan
Level 2 Apprentice

Return to Anime News