Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Tsubasa Chronicle: Chronicle of the Bird Cage Land Princess

Curious as to what Animes are being released soon? dubbed soon? or even about new Anime titles gaining popularity fast? Learn all the Anime News possible here as far as release dates and Animes currently being worked on and dubbed.

Moderator: Greg

Tsubasa Chronicle: Chronicle of the Bird Cage Land Princess

Postby Curt » October 15th, 2006, 8:32 am

Very, very short movie, more like an OVA experience. I must say I am a little surprised as to how this movie was done; in a good way ofcourse. Animation is way better than it was in the original series. More detailed animation, the characters are better choreographed, and look more mature. For a lack of better words, Animation is GREAT! Sound is melancholic and is easy on the ears, which keeps it on an high level. the themes for the songs are the same as in the original Tsubasa Chronicle, which is a good thing. It makes you feel nostalgic and reminds me as to how much I loved the BGM, Op, and Ed of tsubasa chronicles. Story is a lack-luster attempt sadly! Its basically one of their adventures, looking for one of sakura's feathers; Though the length is closer to 40minutes, rather then 20. Its more like some filler to the original show. Story is very rushed, which makes sense because fourty minutes is not alot of time, and they need to end it without having completely wasted their efforts in making this due to the fact that it covered no ground throughout the movie. Regardless it was still an intrigueing, and very entertaining movie. Everything happened so fast, and in high quality animation, so there was no way it could have been boring. Action scenes are much more fluent then they are in the series.
To sum it, story has it's weak moments, but if you have seen the original show, this will be one hell of a great add on, and it will refresh your memory and feelings, as to why you love this show.

Verdict:8.0/10(It's a short movie, and nothing else.... If you come into this expecting an mind blowing plot, and excellent character development, then you will be sadly dissapointed. However, if you expect nothing more then nice action sequences, followed by even nicer animation, then it will be a movie that you will enjoy, and probably watch it on several different occasions.)
Last edited by Curt on October 16th, 2006, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby Sahar » October 15th, 2006, 10:47 am

Question- Is Tsubasa Chronicle and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle the same thing?
Edit- Nevermind, after reading your review it seems that they are =P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Curt » October 15th, 2006, 10:54 am

It seems like you already found out.. For assurance.. yes, they are.
Curt
Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 15th, 2006, 1:41 pm

The series man..I mean good fights scenes.. gay plot.... weird animation... other then that I enjoyed all 21 eps that I watched till I found out not all the eps are out.. so I gave up on it. It was already on the edge. now MOVIE?? "Animation is GREAT!" they better have made it great because if it's the same as the series that's bullshit.
Mejdi

Postby Sahar » October 15th, 2006, 2:28 pm

I don't like the animation for Tsubasa either, the manga was much much prettier =P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Curt » October 15th, 2006, 3:08 pm

Sahar wrote:I don't like the animation for Tsubasa either, the manga was much much prettier =P

Why must uniqueness always be shunned... I mean, what was bad about the animation, I'de give it an easy 8.5/10 for animation, and the Movie probably deserves a 9.5. Never cared much for repetition, and uniqueness is what seperates the classic titles, from the "I'm unoriginal, and thats why everyone is charmed by me" kindof titles. Butttt, w/e guess this was a losing battle the minute Mejdi showed up complaining about the size of the main protagonists arms.
Curt
Knight

Postby Sahar » October 15th, 2006, 4:32 pm

Hahaha =P No there's nothing wrong with uniqueness, only I personally like the manga better.. come to think of it I shouldn't have said 'I don't like the animation' because if I hadn't read the manga I probably would =P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 15th, 2006, 4:42 pm

Having long arms is unique? Screw unique then...
Mejdi

Postby Sahar » October 16th, 2006, 6:25 am

Uniqueness is good, it is due to uniqueness that we have variety, in like everything, so like stop saying stuff about uniqueness :lol:
Oh btw, the reason they gave them long arms is cos its appealing =P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 16th, 2006, 4:43 pm

no its not...?
Mejdi

Postby Sahar » October 16th, 2006, 7:34 pm

It is to the female viewers, it's shojo anime =P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 16th, 2006, 8:20 pm

So I have the right to dislike the anime because I'm a male?
Mejdi

Postby Curt » October 16th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Alright, Sahar im glad your defending the animation, but your just provoking Mejdi to insult the anime with his BS even more so then he already has... If you dont like the animation, "Who Cares?", just stop spamming in my thread.
Curt
Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 16th, 2006, 8:29 pm

No one is spamming. We're talking about the anime in the thread. She's isn't provoking shit and the animation being shitty isn't bullshit. You like the anime... EVERYONE likes the anime. That's how you always want it. People who don't like the anime just dont have the balls to post it. Otherwise you would tell them to drop dead or delete their post.
Mejdi

Postby Curt » October 16th, 2006, 8:36 pm

No, actually.. Animation is an evident quality, its not something people are supposed to argue over(Its obvious that Karas, and TMOHS have amazing animation quality, as well as awe-inspiring CGI, the same thing is evident in this anime; its just not quite as good). If its good, then its Good!.. If it Sucks, then it's not so good. Animation is only one-sided(The fact that its unique, or to be more general; the fact that the character's in the anime have overly-large arms... that does not make the animation quality bad). There is nothing wrong with explaining why you do not like the Animation in any particular anime, but to flame the animation on an anime that obviously has good animation, that is no different then implying that 2+2=5

And yes, you are spamming in my thread, because you've posted like one-sentence posts three straight times. On the same freakin wasted topic no less. I dont care if someone thinks the anime itself is bad, but its an obvious fact that the animation is NOT!!!

P.S. Ive never deleted a post that had anything to do with someone disagreeing with my opinion, or id'e assuredly have deleted every sentence you ever posted. Because not one of them has ever been in agreeance with me.(Cept for the rare few, which have been cherished, because I know they do not come often.) As for the "If I think its good, Then everyone else think its good" Give me an actual reason as to why you think it isnt good, and you may, just MAY have a point... But half-assed posts(Omg-ish, their arms are large :shock: ) that just flame the series, are obviously going 2 be refuted. Writing these reviews for the sole purpose of letting mr. Mejdi nit-pick at every single small detail he assumes is wrong with the series, certainly is NOT why I write them!
Curt
Knight

Next

Return to Anime News