Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Karin

Curious as to what Animes are being released soon? dubbed soon? or even about new Anime titles gaining popularity fast? Learn all the Anime News possible here as far as release dates and Animes currently being worked on and dubbed.

Moderator: Greg

Karin

Postby Curt » September 13th, 2006, 8:37 am

Don’t panic! Maybe it looks like it, but this girl wasn’t harmed in any way. Its just some nosebleed, really! She is a vampire and can handle this (more or less). Her name is Karin and she is the heroine of “Karin”.

Okay, I lied. Karin is no vampire. She is an anti-vampire you could say. She doesn’t suck blood, but produces it. That is nothing special you might say, everybody does that. But Karin produces lots of blood and her whole family consist of real vampires. She is something like a mutant (but a very cute one).

One day a new student, Kenta Usui, comes to her class. This fellow has a strangely piercing glaze and raises Karins blood pressure in an instant. Unsure what to do she tries to evade him as much as possible. Thus begins the World of Karin. Which will be further explained in my review.

Review:

Karin is a wonderful love comedy from start to finish. From the very first episode, the series captures you with its charm and wonderfully laid out story. Karin is a great series, and any anime fan can enjoy it.

Karin revolves around a vampire girl named Karin (coincidentally) and a human boy named Usui Kenta. Karin isn't just any normal vampire as she is a blood-maker. Instead of only having to suck blood from humans, Karin makes blood when a person who is depressed is around her. Her condition eventually leads to making friends with Kenta and the two's relationship begins to develop from there!

Highlights:

-The animation was amazingly consistent and well done. The character models were consistent throughout the series, the backgrounds were well drawn, the characters' movements were well done (though the fight scenes may have been lacking), and the animation was very colorful. Karin the series was definitely easy on the eyes.
-The music was amazing. The opening song really set you up for the series well. The frantic beat embodied the many frantic moments throughout Karin the series. The ending song was, in contrast, a slower and much more mellow song, which embodied the more emotional moments that were littered throughout the series. The background music was also very well done in that it was able to enhance the mood whether it was romantic, mysterious, comedic, etc.
-I really liked the scene transitions the series used early on in the series. The scene would change with little boxes that unfolded the next scene. A unique little sound byte was also used during the transitions.
-The relationship between Karin and Kenta unfolded very believably. The two didn't just fall in love at first sight, get married, and have a million little babies (I know I'm exaggerating). Karin the series was able to display the trials and tribulations the two faced exceptionally well.
-The attention to detail in terms of each character's background story and motivation for their actions was thorough and more than sufficient. I really enjoyed how all the pieces fit together.

Lows:

-The fight scenes, though the series didn't have very many, were pretty lack luster compared to the rest of the series' attributes. Then again, I don't think someone would come to a love comedy to watch fight scenes.

Karin the series was an exceptional show. I never expected it to be as good as it was. The lack of anything really offensive also allows for the show to be viewed by a larger audience. Karin is an extremely well produced anime series with no real big flaws. I'd recommend this to anyone!

Verdict:8.0/10(If I was rating on biased opinion, it would have definately deserved a 9.0. Though I try my best to review based on overall opinion. 8.0 just seemed more appropriate, based on the fact that not EVERYONE will understand how great this anime truly is. If you like Vampires, and an added bonus of romance/comedy then give this the 9.0 that it deserves.
Last edited by Curt on September 16th, 2006, 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby Sahar » September 13th, 2006, 5:00 pm

aahahaha "strangely piercing gaze" :P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Crim » September 14th, 2006, 7:49 am

pffft Curt you well underrated this series. i think its worth 9.5 not perfect but it is DAMN close
Crim
Master Guardian

Postby Sahar » September 14th, 2006, 2:14 pm

It's his review :P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Crim » September 14th, 2006, 2:42 pm

doesnt mean he did it justice
Crim
Master Guardian

Postby Curt » September 14th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Crim, read my review before you decide Karin was not given enough credit. 9.5 is over-rating the series. It has its flaws, and I pointed those out. I also said it deserves a 9.0. If you actually read what I said. Though, implying that my review does not give it justice, can only mean "ONE" thing. You did not read my REVIEW!!!

P.S. Iv'e never rated an anime over 9.5. For me, 9.5=Perfect, because I never give 10's. All anime have room for improvement.
Curt
Knight

Postby Crim » September 15th, 2006, 8:04 pm

i infact did read your review, but in my opinion this series was amazing. yea the fight scenes werent amazing. but as you say it was a romantic comedy which means that they were an added bonus to be honest. also you left out something that made the series for me Weiner. which is why i personally think you underrated the anime.

However that being said i do understand where your coming from even if i dont agree with it
Crim
Master Guardian

Re: Karin

Postby Curt » September 15th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Curt wrote:
Karin is a wonderful love comedy from start to finish. From the very first episode, the series captures you with its charm and wonderfully laid out story. Karin is a great series, and any anime fan can enjoy it.

Highlights:

-The animation was amazingly consistent and well done. The character models were consistent throughout the series, the backgrounds were well drawn, the characters' movements were well done (though the fight scenes may have been lacking), and the animation was very colorful. Karin the series was definitely easy on the eyes.
-The music was amazing

Karin the series was an exceptional show. I never expected it to be as good as it was. The lack of anything really offensive also allows for the show to be viewed by a larger audience. Karin is an extremely well produced anime series with no real big flaws. I'd recommend this to anyone!

Verdict:8.0/10(If I was rating on biased opinion, it would have definately deserved a 9.0. Though I try my best to review based on overall opinion. 8.0 just seemed more appropriate, based on the fact that not EVERYONE will understand how great this anime truly is. If you enjoy Vampires, and a nice romance/comedy to boast, then give this anime the 9.0 that it sure as hell deserves.

"Amazing, Great, Wonderful, and even Exceptional" How could I have complimated this title any farther, without having completely disregarded everything, and just having explained its "awesomeness" without giving a reasonable explanation as to why it was the Master of all Masterpieces. You cant possibly believe there are no anime that could topple the premise of Karin. It is true that it was unique, and exceptional, or even an Elite of its genre. However, there is no legitimate reason as to why this anime would deserve a spot among my top two(Bleach, GTO) favorite anime. I respect the fact that you thought this anime was "Near Perfect", but you cant possibly believe that my review was severly under-rating Karin.

"Overall" enjoyemant is not the only aspect I look at when reviewing.. "Animation, Characters, Story, Climax" as well as a few other minor details such as Op, Ed, and BGM. That's why commenting without reading the review is pretty pointless(Though you said you have read it.)
Last edited by Curt on September 16th, 2006, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby Crim » September 16th, 2006, 8:55 am

i didnt think your review in itself was flawed i think the score you gave it at the end was flawed, even you yourself said that although you think it deserved a 9.0 that you gave it an 8.0 and i can see why you did that, you even explained it if you didnt but if you arent going for a full understanding of the anime then why would the person be watching it in the first place? as you so rightly state anime isnt cartoons they have plot and depth so why couldnt a person who knows this as such not understand the brilliance of Karin
Crim
Master Guardian

Postby Curt » September 16th, 2006, 3:55 pm

For starters. It’s sad.... but a majority of people watching even those of the "elitist" of anime will claim that they do not appreciate "Insert Anime Title" without even the slightest grin on their faces. Titles such as; Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Kimi Ga Nozuma Eien, HunterxHunter, or even Cowboy Bebop, they were all "The Best" of their genre, and yet not everyone agrees to that. I suppose it’s a case of clashing preference. That is why you are usually better off having two different ratings, rather then one solid rating that not everyone will agree upon.

Even though it is not something that everyone is willing to give a chance. Karin has a very well thought story, and would probably be enjoyed by those who are to close-minded to assume Karin is an anime worth watching. The 8.0 keeps those "who are willing to watch it" without extremely high expectations, incase they are of the latter group who detest series like these. The 9.0 is for those who would enjoy a premise such as Karin.

Some people disregard a good anime solely on the fact that the premise is not something they would appreciate. I was merely stating that not all people would understand its attributes, because they will judge it based on the fact that it’s a genre, they would prefer not watching. I was just giving it an 8.0 rating, so when people reply back after watching it, they don’t throw negative comments on the thread, simply because it’s a genre that not everyone would appreciate. 9.0 is its true rating, 8.0 is what it would become if someone thought the premise of Karin was to far-fetched, or overly-unique, or just not to their liking.

I hope that clarified everything.
Curt
Knight

Postby Crim » September 17th, 2006, 3:50 pm

yes it did, although i shall be taking your number ratings differently in the future than i have up to this point
Crim
Master Guardian

Postby FullmetalLover » March 5th, 2007, 9:21 pm

I love that show it is to funny... mainly the whole nosebleed thing lol
FullmetalLover
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Anime News