Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Gantz

Curious as to what Animes are being released soon? dubbed soon? or even about new Anime titles gaining popularity fast? Learn all the Anime News possible here as far as release dates and Animes currently being worked on and dubbed.

Moderator: Greg

Gantz

Postby Curt » August 28th, 2006, 2:06 am

The first thing that strikes me about this anime is the animation, heavily computer generated, it was still entrancing to watch at the same time. The animation strikes my curiosity and forces me to watch more.

Though it starts off interesting and has a unique creative feel to it, it is let down by several factors, mainly its story and characters. Story is not explained fully and leaves many open holes and many inconsistencies in the way. Annoying, as it has the premise of a good-ish story.
Character-wise, it is decent enough, design was good enough and the characters were somewhat interesting and you can easily put yourself into the situations of what the character is in. However, far too many 'worthless' side-characters and very little character relations were its downfall.

However, Gantz shone with its enjoyment value, though the action is stylish, it is somewhat stiff and stale at times. The story makes it enjoyable even though not enough emphasis was put into it but i found Gantz side-humour and nice set pieces very well done.

Did I mention there is excessive scenes of Sex, and rape :twisted: Not to mention loads upon loads of blood, and Side/Main characters dropping as if they were useless piles of Crap. It really can be depressing watching this anime straight through, cause it really makes you wonder "Wtf is wrong with this world". If you really must dwell deep into human animosity, then give Gantz a try, but dont say I didnt warn you.

Verdict:7.5/10(If you think you know just exactly what that dog is doing to that "Very Sexy, and overly Atractive Female" Then add one point. If you have not the slightest clue, disregard this review entirely, and go Kill yourself.
Image<----
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
P.S. Watch the first 15episodes, and you will get a very "SPECIAL" treat.
She was the Prime Factor of my enjoyment of Gantz^_^, Brilliant character design in that respect.
Last edited by Curt on September 10th, 2006, 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby Jenna » August 28th, 2006, 6:11 am

Gantz is good I'll say that much, If you liked Elfen Lied chances are you'll love Gantz - granted Gantz is a bit more of the "perversion" side lol...It's still great storyline wise.
Jenna
Knight

Postby nsk1982 » September 10th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Well, I guess I can't help but watch this series. I just got the whole series and don't want it to go to waste so I will try to enjoy it. Again, thanks Curt.
nsk1982
Alpha Soldiers

Postby Curt » September 10th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Regardless of its faults, its still a relatively enjoyable series. I'm sure you will atleast consider it having been worth watching, by the time you have finished it.
Curt
Knight

Postby nsk1982 » September 28th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Well, I have to take back what I said about Gantz before. I thoroughly enjoyed the series. At first I tried the subbed version because I thought the dubbed version will ruin the anime but was I wrong. Gantz is a series that is even better if you see it dubbed so if you plan to watched the subbed version, you could miss out a lot. I don't know how much the dubbed version is like the acutal spoken Japanesse dialogues but I can say the dubbed version is more enjoyable than the subbed version of series. So if you plan to see Gantz, you might probably want to deviate from the norm and try both versions before you make your mind which one you might want to see. The dubbed version probably deserves an 8 or a little higher. Probably, Curt can check out the dubbed version and see how closely it resembles the acutal dialogues.
nsk1982
Alpha Soldiers

Postby kurpi » September 28th, 2006, 5:41 pm

As long as it keeps the Rip Slyme OP, the dub is just fine. If those faggots changed it, I will probably kill someone.

It just might be Curt too.
kurpi
Princess

Postby jack » November 18th, 2006, 8:52 pm

gantz the series is good, but i think they strayed to far from the manga. I mean the manga is really awesome, and I can't wait for Gantz Phase 2 to start up again.
jack
Fresh Meat

Postby nsk1982 » November 19th, 2006, 10:17 am

Well, most of the animes stray away from manga most of the time, so its no surprised that Gantz did that too. Even though it didn't follow the manga, I think Gantz was still quite good.
nsk1982
Alpha Soldiers

Postby Folken17 » December 15th, 2006, 11:34 am

I like gantz alot but it sucked the way it ended with to many holes in the story unless i missed something. Anywayz i still love the show and agree in the most part with the OP.
Folken17

Postby Camander_Bun_Bun » January 3rd, 2007, 2:29 pm

Whats this special treat ^.- and how bad is the bluring?
Camander_Bun_Bun
Master Apprentice

Postby Curt » January 3rd, 2007, 2:32 pm

Camander_Bun_Bun wrote:Whats this special treat ^.- and how bad is the bluring?

Scenes of Rape/Nudity/Sex... Lots of blurring I would imagine. Special treat was Kei-kun envisioning that he is having sex with kei-chan; was quite explicit to detail as well.8)
Curt
Knight

Postby Camander_Bun_Bun » January 3rd, 2007, 2:51 pm

Ahh!!! I'd rather just get hentai and skip the plot
Camander_Bun_Bun
Master Apprentice

Postby Br0wn420 » February 16th, 2007, 10:18 am

or how about there is gantz phaze 2 .... so please stop sayin it has holes in the story it was a fantastic anime series and only more to come. thats why it was left open at the end
Br0wn420
Level 1 Apprentice

Postby Curt » February 16th, 2007, 11:12 am

Br0wn420 wrote:or how about there is gantz phaze 2 .... so please stop sayin it has holes in the story it was a fantastic anime series and only more to come. thats why it was left open at the end

Naw, it was open-ended to the point of what I would like to call, "Bad Budgeting"... It does have holes in the series, whether you want to believe that, or not. Just because they plan for a second season, has no relevance to the reason the ending was so disgraceful... Its one of the seven wonders as to why some people think so highly of this anime.. Personally, I think Elfen Lied, or Higurashi put this series to shame. If you think otherwise; I could name 50series with up, and coming sequels, that not only displayed an excellent cast of characters, and an interesting story, but also managed to capture an ending that left its viewers 'satisfied.'
Last edited by Curt on February 16th, 2007, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby Br0wn420 » February 16th, 2007, 12:01 pm

Yea but i can name 50 that didnt end that way and ended for a second season to begin...... sorry but thats how it is with anime i understand your point but $!$! berserk is just 1.... how are you sat with that o well meng think what you want the series is awsome sorry you think so low of it.
Br0wn420
Level 1 Apprentice

Next

Return to Anime News