[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4497: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Anime Crave •View topic - Yakitate japan

Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Yakitate japan

Curious as to what Animes are being released soon? dubbed soon? or even about new Anime titles gaining popularity fast? Learn all the Anime News possible here as far as release dates and Animes currently being worked on and dubbed.

Moderator: Greg

Yakitate japan

Postby Curt » June 9th, 2006, 6:51 am

I posted this one before, but it was sortof ignored.... Dont let the plot fool you, this series is awesome in every way an anime can be. Just because the story bases it self on bread, "shrugs" does not mean that it is not filled with insanely funny humor, and good animation.

The clash of swords, men screaming, men dying, the sound of dropping arrows... this is the opening. This will probably make you think this anime series is happening in medieval times, but no... it's actually about a boy with a great dream!

Azuma Kazuma is a teenage boy who has carried on the dream of his baker friend of making a bread so good that it would represent Japan! Thus his bread will be named Ja-pan! ('pan' is Japanese for bread, yes, a bad pun) Thanks to his baker friend, he learned about the making of bread but the big revelation was that he had special hands named "Solar Hands" that could warm and ferment bread as he touches them.

With his great hands, he must now go to Tokyo and battle it out with 34 other people to work at the greatest bakery in Japan: Pantasia!

overall:9.0/10(The only anime on an equal humor level would probably be GTO, and Fumofuu.. Highly Recommended!!!)
Last edited by Curt on October 15th, 2006, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby Aenicy » June 9th, 2006, 8:01 pm

This is another awesome series that should be added to AC...you guys are missing out I'm telling you
In this body,Where I’ve found, Blood and bones,Will keep me bound. Freedom comes, With heavy toll, Darkness takes, What light stole. Here I sleep, In shadow realm, Under eyes, And under helm, Once to roam, And now to mourn, The Light I shed The shadows scorn.
Aenicy
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Mejdi » October 15th, 2006, 5:11 pm

what happens if I didn't find the first episode funny?
Mejdi

Postby Curt » October 15th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Welp, you can do one of five(Six) things.

#1 Admit that you lack a sense of humor
#2 Quit watching it altogether, and ignore my recommendation like you do with every other anime.
#3 Continue watching on to the second episode in hopes that you will find it funny.
#4 Stop hating the anime simply because i've complimented it
#5 Pretend as if you had never watched it to begin with, and continue with your flaming of other good anime.
#6 You can DROP DEAD!!! Please?

and Mejdi, what the hell did you ask me for the Yakitate Japan Review for.. Just so you can flame it? Option six is really lookin like the best solution.
Curt
Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 15th, 2006, 5:55 pm

no I posted that comment before I watched episode 1.. I asked you for it because I wanted to watch it. And to tell you the truth it wasn't that funny.. since I expected it to compete with GTO. I just finished watching episode 1 and wow... gay? Better then GTO so far.. NO! Girl who notices he has solar hands towards the end? CUTE. Keep watching it? Only for her. Don't know how anyone else kept watching it aside that reason. I have a sense of of humor since I laughed my !$! off in GTO but Yakitate Japan was just gay compared to it (so far). how long is this series again?

EDIT--

the part with his sister and the leash I cracked a smile on that I must admit
Mejdi

Postby Curt » October 15th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Dont judge an anime based on the first episode.. expecially not an anime centered around Comedy.. As you know, some episodes are alot more comedic then other's, and the first episode is more plot development(The little plot that it actually has) then anything else. Honestly, if you dont find yakitate japan funny, then you do lack a sense of humor. Cause its freakin hilarious.

P.S. Its 69episodes

http://www.animenfo.com/review.php?id=1 ... type=anime
36reviews---- Enjoyement average - 9.6/10... I think that speaks for itself.
Curt
Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 15th, 2006, 7:17 pm

An anime about bread with 69 episodes.. would I not have a sense of humor to laugh at that? We'll see how this goes.. I still love GTO man.. just the faces that he made were fuckin' hilarious. In this anime there are no hilarious faces :cry:
Mejdi

Postby Curt » October 15th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Just give it some time... Obviously GTO is still a notch above this imo, but GTO is a notch above everything(Because its wicked hilarious, and provides a good story at the same time). The prelim's, and pantasia battles are Laugh out Loud moments. As long as you stick with it; I really cant envision you not loving it. Ofcourse iv'e been proven wrong before... Only time will tell 8)
Curt
Knight

Return to Anime News