Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Anime-Planet?

Have ideas on how to support AC? Or want to learn how you can help AC?

Moderator: Greg

Anime-Planet?

Postby Namiko_of_Andreon » September 19th, 2010, 9:00 pm

soooo this is just an idea. I do know that animecrave does have a search feature, and you can do advanced search. Now there is this website called anime-planet ( I'm not sure if you are affiliated with them but I did look to see, don't think I saw it) and it's basically just a website where you can make lists of your fav anime's or animes you wanna watch and reccommend them to other users, but it's got an extensive list of anime and some very advanced and specific search options (sorry). So my idea is that maybe AC could affiliate with AP and on their profile pages for anime shows that AC has up they could have a link to direct people to AC that want to watch it (like Hey you like this show? Go check out AC they've got it! Just become a member...something like that), and in turn AC could have a link to AP for people who.......are looking for more specific search options. Again sorryImage

I also noticed another thread here where a member was reccommending a search option (which you stated you had) and i think KeKe(?) said that in order for AC to equipt a big search option it would be tough. So this way AC can acquire better search capabilities (indirectly and easily) and AP has a lot of members so it could be great publicity for AC, and AP too.

I'd understand if it wasn't possible I just thought you might like the idea.
What doesn't kill you, is really just toying with you. Think about that.
Namiko_of_Andreon
Level 3 Apprentice

Postby KeKe » September 19th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Well, it would be tough, mainly because we don't have a dedicated programmer I don't think. I'm not sure how much Bassam and Ryan know about coding and that sort but it takes a pretty extensive knowledge, and time, not to mention if the database isn't set up right that would need to be redone. I am not saying I know everything or even how AC is set up just my assumed knowledge with experience in programming.

as for teaming up with anime planet, I dunno. That would require negotiations between Bassam and their admins. Chances are anime planet uses lot of advertising which Bassam wants to stay away from as much as possible. If I had to guess, the 5 bucks a month you pay doesn't cover the bandwith you probably use. It may, I dunno much about operating a website but I know bandwith is expensive.
KeKe

Postby Namiko_of_Andreon » September 19th, 2010, 9:22 pm

hmmmm that is a good point. But it never hurts to try. Unless you're trying to break bricks with you head. That could hurt.
Namiko_of_Andreon
Level 3 Apprentice

Postby KeKe » September 19th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Bricks might, brownie pans don't hurt too bad, until they get bent and you catch one of the bent parts, it cuts a bit.
KeKe

Postby Namiko_of_Andreon » September 19th, 2010, 9:27 pm

I believe so, but think of the publicity!
Namiko_of_Andreon
Level 3 Apprentice

Postby KeKe » September 19th, 2010, 9:30 pm

Would be nice, I suppose we will have to leave it up to Bassam
KeKe

Postby Namiko_of_Andreon » September 19th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Well Boss what's you're input?
Namiko_of_Andreon
Level 3 Apprentice

Postby Bassam » September 30th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Well the advanced search we have in place is basically to allow people to search what we have on AC, it isn't to allow them to see what anime titles are out there. For that AP or ANN and several other information sites are best for that.

But if you want a feature to recommend series to people that is something that we can consider int he future. As of now our lists consist of series in our anime episodes & anime fansubs. But we do give people the option to enter their own titles.

As for Anime Planet to be willing to link series we have on AC on their end for people to come check out. Well that would be something they would probably want to get paid for. Even if we sent them traffic for more info on a series that we have here, more people are likely to click a link that says watch now then a link that says read more. So basically I don't think they would agree specially since they do get quite a bit more traffic then we do.

I do like the idea of that type of partnership its just not ever that easy to pull off because in the end for sites like that its about money!
Bassam
King

Postby Namiko_of_Andreon » October 1st, 2010, 10:02 pm

Well I guess that makes them dirty then....dirty sites and your money grabbin.......links.

As for the advanced search option I was talking about, just to clarify what I meant, when I said specific I wasn't talking numerous amounts of titles, I was talking numerous amounts of tags, which go way deeper than just genres (this is why I say sorry, I know you do what you can and I appreciate You for it!). I use it for this feature when I want to watch something new (but don't want to sit through a bunch of "personal reviews" from other people that don't mean jack) but I have sort of an idea of what kinda stuff I'm in the mood for, and they've got a tag for everything! There's like 100 of those things. Like if I want to see something to do with delinquents and the paranormal but definitely nothing to do with outer space I can click on the little include or exclude buttons, from the huge list of tags, and then it generates a list of anime that correlate to my search criteria......it's heaven in a mini search engine.
Namiko_of_Andreon
Level 3 Apprentice

Postby Bassam » October 4th, 2010, 3:17 pm

That would be a great search, the best way would be to find a place that has trusted valid tags to use. Since AC has way too much for us to manually go over every one. So this could be definitely something to consider int he future.
Bassam
King

Postby KeKe » October 4th, 2010, 4:13 pm

I could tag it <.< I typically have plenty of time xD
KeKe

Return to Help Improve AC!