Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Server based location

Have ideas on how to support AC? Or want to learn how you can help AC?

Moderator: Greg

Server based location

Postby zero80472 » February 16th, 2010, 9:27 am

i just thught i would put this out

as most of form the UK and other parts of the world that try to stream videoss form there some times the media Streamss SO slow because of our connection to the servers where the videos are hosted USA

my Idea is get a UK server's to host content on as well and when the site sees our IP is form the Uk all media is changed over to there to allow better speeds

also a option in the Cpanel that allows you to pick your perfered server would be a idea if this made
zero80472

Postby KeKe » February 16th, 2010, 10:05 am

Good Idea, not going to happen. I can tell you from what I understand how AC works. We have multiple servers to host media from, just from the sheer amount of media on the site 1 server cant handle it all. Slow streams are not only felt over on the UK side, I live in Indiana and get fairly slow streams, 1500 kbps right now has been about my best. I used to get over 5000 living just a few miles away. I do not know what type of speeds you get there but I know that before there were no complaints about slow speeds over there. This actually has been the first one I have seen.
KeKe

Postby Bassam » March 25th, 2010, 12:14 am

Really good idea but to do this it would need a lot of resources that we just cannot possibly do right now.
Bassam
King

Return to Help Improve AC!