Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Site costs

Talk about anything you want!

Moderators: Greg, Mejdi

Site costs

Postby srgtfrog » September 20th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Does this sites costs jump pretty often? Since you guys add things to the site like everyday, it's gotta be expensive. :?
srgtfrog
Forums Initiate

Postby aceraven151 » October 6th, 2010, 3:03 am

...Now im curious. Not a bad question srg
aceraven151

Postby KeKe » October 6th, 2010, 9:39 am

Well, what I can tell you is, AC purchases, and keeps, all the anime that is on the Anime Episodes Section. So 4 episodes a day X 31 days is 124 episodes. which is roughly 5 Anime per month depending on number of episodes.

I took the next bit from another forum

"zxcvbnm6000 said, in March 22nd, 2009 at 1:12 AM Just want to add some new to this topic.
1. Anime Averages:

* Average cost per series: $93.87
* Average cost per episode: $5.66
* Average cost per minute: $0.23

At first I looked at this and said, “I guess they are not that bad.” But then I did some more looking.

2. Cost Comparison:

* Average cost/min. (anime): $0.24
* Average cost/min. (Hollywood): $0.10
* Average cost/min. (TV series): $0.04

I find it funny that Hollywood movies and TV shows, which on average have far higher production value, cost so much less to consumers."

So costs range from ~500 to ~750 dollars depending on how The anime is purchased, and this is your fixed monthly cost since it is always 4 episodes a day.

With that Said I know Bassam has looked for some obscure anime in the past which could mean prices are even more than that but I won't ge into it.

So that is that and I do not know what type of service AC has with its provider/database but I assume it is a standard per month charge of unlimited bandwith which is quite expensive. I do not know how much that could be becuase I have never looked into website hosting or anything like that, It could easily be over a thousand.
I know AC has like 4 or maybe 5 servers, I found one website offering 1 server 1 TB storage and 10TB bandwith for ~$215.00 a month. I wan't to say AC has over 8 TB storage, and always growing. so whenever they have to purchase another server prices go up.

So if you are going by that then with 4 TB of storage AC looks at 1700 - 2100 a month or 2700 - 3100 a month with 8 TB storage.

All these prices I have looked up on my own not knowing how AC does its business so I could asily be off but I would wager if I am I am selling it too low, then again they probably have a better hosting deal. You would have to ask Bassam for sure, but I am unsure if he would disclose this info, what I have provided is something anyone could look up online though I suppose I could look up AC's provider and get prices from them but I don't feel like putting that much into it.

Oh yes, and this makes me wan't to kick babies when someone say that 5 dollars a month is too much for what AC offers. Sadly people do and Bassam has been gracious enough to begin catering to those losers and offer free anime and advertisements on the Site for them.

Also keep in mind I am ONLY talking about the Anime Episodes and Hosting for the site. Not talking about programmers Bassam may or may not hire to do stuff for the site, not talking about the time he, Stephanie, Ryan, and others put into the site every day to keep people happy. You know these costs wouldn't matter if Bassam was like the other anime sites out there who simply put videos up with crap quality and are there only for making money off of advertisements and what have you but I am about to get into a rant so I shall say enough about that

Bottom line, People should sign up for live accounts on AC, you get a hell of a lot more options and video quality is a lot better and you keep the money going and the site expanding, and since you are not purchasing anime, at least some money gets to the publishers that way.
KeKe

Postby jate88 » October 6th, 2010, 1:38 pm

Five dollars a month is cheap but all those money saving experts who have to put their two cents in about the crappy economy probably think differently. To them it's just one of those small payments we make every month for things we don't really need and if we stop wasting money on all those "deals" we're getting, the money would add up really quick.
jate88
Level 1 Guard

Postby KeKe » October 6th, 2010, 2:31 pm

if you are makinf under 26,000 a year you are poverty so you may as well have a few luxuries that are cheap lol
KeKe

Return to General Talk