Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

August 21st 2006 Downtime!

Any downtime or server problems will posted here. We will also post any special announcements here.

Moderator: Greg

August 21st 2006 Downtime!

Postby Bassam » August 21st, 2006, 3:06 pm

Hello everyone,

As many of you have probably noticed, the website has been offline part of last night and the majority of the day up till now. We had a large attack on the server that was very hard to determine, but thanks to the server administrators at serverplace.net we are now back online and the attack is being blocked.
Bassam
King

Postby Jenna » August 22nd, 2006, 4:34 pm

Hey Everyone,

I know alot of you are wondering what's been going on the past few days with Anime Crave. Well, let me explain the best I can, so hopefully I can shed some light on the situation and problem in hopes that you all will bear with us as we try to rectify the problem. The reason this is happening is because for the past few days ACs servers keep getting attacked by some random users and this is known as a, "SYN Attack" - it's where our server is attacked from multiple IP addresses at many different locations and it can cause very serious issues with any servers. We were working our hardest to fix this issue most of the day yesterday, and even now we are still working are hardest - so please bear with us, we will resolve this as fast as we can and continue to work at it until we do.

Thanks,
Jenna
Jenna
Knight

Return to Announcements